CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Reg/Rec>>>Where to buy??

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reg/Rec>>>Where to buy??

hey guys... i think i need a new reg/rec, i'm going to replace the battery while i'm at it thought too... gonna get a nice one with a good warranty... my buddies work at walmart... soo.. a fifty dollar battery actually works out to be about the price of a jar of salsa!! haha oh man i hate walmart! i worked there and we just screwed them all the time!! anyways... yeah thats what i'm gonna do, but i dont want it to go out again or cause my battery to go out... soo where should i buy it from? online... what website... aftermarket or oem???? thanks guys all responses are great!!!

Old 04-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Default RE: Reg/Rec>>>Where to buy??

here's a guide to test if your R/R is messed up
http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/140473.aspx

Try eBay

Old 04-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

if you have a motorcycle recycle yard you can go there and you can get a goo dused one for cheap. they also sell brand new ones because this is such a common problem. you could buy either a oem or aftermarket one (i have friends who went both ways and tehy are fine) watch out from ebays becaus eyou can get some really cheap aftermarket ones. i bought a used one and put it on my f3 about 3 month sbefore i sold it and i never had a problem after replacing it. fired right up.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:06 AM

I just tested my R/R and it's fualty as well. I found that bikebandit "under aftermarket" is selling or 86 sumpthin + shipping. If you get stock it's like 176 from stealership, and 160sumpthin at bike bandit.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:43 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

most f2,f3,f4,900RR's will have this problem at one point or another. thats why most reputable shops will keep this itmes ins tock because they are in such high demand (atleast thats what the shops that i know have said) but once one link in the electrical system starts to fail it falls down hill from there. it usually doesnt happen all at once but over the corse of a few weeks. especially after you fix one of the problems the strain of a fully working part on the rest of the system starts to crash.

Old 04-04-2007, 09:37 PM

hey guys.. so far i found a oem used r/r for 30 bucks on ebay... is it worth it or should i spend another 30 for an aftermarket??? if so i dont want to get a dirt cheap one... i just want something i'll probably never have to replace again... thanks guys!

Old 04-05-2007, 02:06 AM

Is the ebay one brand new? in a box? or used. They could be selling u a burnt out one already, claiming that it is "used" and is in "as-is" condition to prevent a refund.
I'm going to buy one from bikebandit, the aftermarket one here's the link: http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandi...lection_Path=3

but i'm going to order it till tuesday. payday you know money can get.

Also look for an aftermarket one. If the stock one burns out than buying an OEM R/R again will only lead to it burning out again. Aftermarket ones with bigger fins, and can releae heat quicker are ones that you wanna look towards.

Good luck and keep us posted, want to know if you can find an aftermaret one for cheaper than 90 bucks.

It's still better than OEM at stearship prices $175 +[:@]

Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 PM

The only thing that makes me nervous about bike bandit is that it doesnt show a picture of the one for our bike... i checked it and i donno, i haven't bought anything from them yet soo it just makes me a little nervous.

Old 04-06-2007, 01:22 PM

i had to replace both my stator and reg/rec. checked several places and ended up by parts through denniskirk.com, both parts have a one year warranty.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:13 PM

I know i'm not a sponsor for the site but I work for powersportspro.com. Depending on the year I can get you a new one for about $120-140.