CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

rear shock 97 cbr 600

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WiSH2oo0
When adding the F4i rear shock to your bike. Do you also need the two F4i suspension bracket arms that connect to the bottom of the rear shock or just the F4i rear shock itself and use your current F3 suspension bracket arms? I'm not sure what the two brackets are called that connect to the bottom of the rear shock.

Moses
You do not need any brackets, just the F4/F4i shock - it fits directly into F3 original mounting points.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:27 PM

Awesome, Ty Warrior.

Did the recharge work or are you going w/ the F4i rear shock Hunt?

Moses

Old 06-13-2010, 12:39 PM

the recharge didnt work. honda said it was complety dead. looking at getting a f4i shock of ebay. i saw a fox racing shock for a f3 but kinna spendy i thought. might have to wait till i get back from vegas next week. i post more when i figure somthing out. thanks for all the help and info everybody

Old 06-13-2010, 12:44 PM

im also working on putting a track set on. gotta cut the headlight and brake light holes. anybody have any ideas on a cool headlight look.

Last edited by robertjhunt; 06-13-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i ran an f4i shock for about 8 mo. before i parted my bike out.

just some things to think about...

1) because it makes the bike an inch taller, the angle that the chain takes towards the drive sprocket on the engine rubbed through rubber chain tract and actually gouged into the swingarm which also kills the life of your chain.

2) because the bike leans forward with the rear raised, under hard braking or just sitting in traffic can be really uncomfortable if you're a guy.

3) handling isn't as good, only real plus is, under braking it's real stable.

4) you'll need to get an f4i kickstand too, and they don't mount up right to be a direct swap. you'll have to use the f4i stand, keep the f3 kickstand mount, and find a tighter spring.

Old 06-14-2010, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
2) because the bike leans forward with the rear raised, under hard braking or just sitting in traffic can be really uncomfortable if you're a guy.
DAMN! So that's why my bike is such a ***** to sit/stand on! Looks like i'm gonna be going for an F3 shock!
I was wondering why the previous owner welded a good inch of extra metal on the bottom of the kickstand! Thanks guys!

Old 06-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

speede, he said GUY.
(you should be fine)

Old 06-15-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
speede, he said GUY.
(you should be fine)

I hate you spicy

Old 06-21-2010, 07:28 PM

anybody know if any other years of shocks bolt up to the f3 besides f4-f4i. thanks

Old 06-23-2010, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
i ran an f4i shock for about 8 mo. before i parted my bike out.

just some things to think about...

1) because it makes the bike an inch taller, the angle that the chain takes towards the drive sprocket on the engine rubbed through rubber chain tract and actually gouged into the swingarm which also kills the life of your chain.

3) handling isn't as good, only real plus is, under braking it's real stable.

4) you'll need to get an f4i kickstand too, and they don't mount up right to be a direct swap. you'll have to use the f4i stand, keep the f3 kickstand mount, and find a tighter spring.
Point 1 is spot on. I just made my own swing arm/chain tract out of rubber car mats and replaced it every few weeks. Also bigger rear sprocket will bring this down to a minimum.

Point 2 depends on your riding style but unless you are 5f10+ it wont be as comfortable as before riding the bike.

Point 3 is the complete opposite, taller rear means less stable at higher speed and under hard breaking, what it does help with is turning the bike in as it changes the angle of the fork towards the road, the higher the angle the quicker the turn in. i.e. Harley turns slow in comparation with a sports bike.

Point 4 a simple bracket works perfect with the original stand.

Quick Reply: rear shock 97 cbr 600