CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Random oil and red light!! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random oil and red light!! HELP!

New to the forum, should have joined years ago, but glad to be here.

alright for starters I have a 95 600f3 15k miles f4i guage swap and 250 chain and sprocket upgrade.

over the winter i changed the oil and filter as well as a radiator flush and once the season hit i had no problems but i noticed a ticking get a little louder from the past season. it was up top, at idle, and i knew the bike hadn't had a valve adjustment yet so i waited for the next rainy week and started it. got her all back together very happy with the new clearances so i put it all back together. without adjusting the carbs (i was waiting for the sync to arrive) i took it out around the block, no more ticking and it seemed to ride a lot better. once i got the carb sync i synced them of course. also very happy with the way that turned out. idle was a little off but the bike seemed to perform well (just around the block and definately got up to normal temperature. so before i put my last tail fairing on i noticed the coolant overflow was just about empty if not completely empty. i'm assuming this was from over the winter i didn't add enough. so i put some in and then went for a longer ride to test all my work. after 5 or 10 minutes the oil light and red light right above turn on, oil light flashes a couple times then the both turn off, then back on. pulled over let her cool down. i wasn't far from home so i headed back. same thing happened just before i got home.

did some research thought maybe i had a bubble in the coolant system. burped it took it out now the lights only come on at only very low rpms or idle. so i burped it again for good luck.

Nowww the lights come on at very random times. sometimes at highway speeds but not always. sometimes at red lights but not always. this was on another ten minute ride or so.

this has me very confused. i'm going to take the tank off tonight and double check i didn't miss anything putting it back togther. i did check the oil pressure switch circuit today. little delay but it does come on when grounded. (bike running or just key on?????)

any and all suggestions would be very helpful.

i want to check my oil pressure too but where or how could i buy or make one??? can't seem to find one on ebay or anything.

i just want to know i won't ruin my engine if i take it out since the light is so random.