CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Raising my bike back up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Raising my bike back up?

Ok, the previous owner lowered the bike twice. And this is waaaaay to low for me. I keep hearing about a 'dog bone' and such but not entirely sure what it's referring to.

Is raising the bike something I can do myself, once I identify what people are talking about? Or should I just pay a shop to do it?

Old 07-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0...wer/index.html

That shows you what you're looking for.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Most likely they replaced item #5 on this page.
http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...SHOCK_ABSORBER

They may have also raised the forks in the tripple trees. This is easy to undo. Both things are relatively easy to take care of.

I can now see in your other thread that the fork tubes have been raised. Its easy to put it back.

Last edited by IDoDirt; 07-05-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by idodirt
Most likely they replaced item #5 on this page.
http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...SHOCK_ABSORBER

They may have also raised the forks in the tripple trees. This is easy to undo. Both things are relatively easy to take care of.

I can now see in your other thread that the fork tubes have been raised. Its easy to put it back.
Gotta love camphones

Name:  IMG00071-20090706-1151.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  45.3 KB
To raise the rear I'd just have to use the upper sleeve? Or replace the entire linkage with a stock one?

Name:  IMG00057-20090629-1839.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  54.1 KB
To raise the front I'd just have to remove the spacers on the front forks?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:26 PM

From what I see on the front, yes, remove the spacers, Personally I'd go with the stock linkage, I don't have much experience with lowering links, but maybe someone that does could chime in, I'm guessing it's adjustable, but I'm not so sure it'll give you the stock ride. Also, check if the kickstand was shortened, I can't see if it has been or not.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Gotta love camphones

To raise the rear I'd just have to use the upper sleeve? Or replace the entire linkage with a stock one??
Put an original one back in. Neither of the positions on that aftermarket one will return it back to the original height. Both postions are for different amounts of lowering. Both positions will degrade handling. Look on ebay for a factory one. It should be easy to find. Also, ask the person you bought it from, they may have it laying around somewhere.

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Gotta love camphones
To raise the front I'd just have to remove the spacers on the front forks?
There's no spacers in the front, it's just a matter of loosening the pinch bolts on the tripple trees and sliding the fork tubes down. Naturally you've got to have the front of the bike suspended with the front forks off the ground and stable.

As for the kickstand, it looks like it's been bent outward. That may be difficult to get back into position without putting undue stress on the attachment point. You should be able to get an original stand from ebay as well. Check salvage yards too. There's a stand on ebay right now for $12 with a buy it now. There ya go. Item number 370221179141.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:28 PM

Put an original one back in. Neither of the positions on that aftermarket one will return it back to the original height. Both postions are for different amounts of lowering. Both positions will degrade handling. Look on ebay for a factory one. It should be easy to find. Also, ask the person you bought it from, they may have it laying around somewhere.
Already found one for $8 on ebay and its in the mail

There's no spacers in the front, it's just a matter of loosening the pinch bolts on the tripple trees and sliding the fork tubes down. Naturally you've got to have the front of the bike suspended with the front forks off the ground and stable.

As for the kickstand, it looks like it's been bent outward. That may be difficult to get back into position without putting undue stress on the attachment point. You should be able to get an original stand from ebay as well. Check salvage yards too. There's a stand on ebay right now for $12 with a buy it now. There ya go. Item number 370221179141.
Thought they were spacers
Any way to know when I have the correct height up front? And yeah I know I need a new stand already

Old 07-07-2009, 11:45 PM

so uhhhhh....whatcha gonna do with that lowering link?

Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Trunk-F3
so uhhhhh....whatcha gonna do with that lowering link?
Prolly shipping it to you after I take it off

Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 AM

lemme know....we'll work something out

Quick Reply: Raising my bike back up?