CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

questions before i go about doing this.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question questions before i go about doing this.

ok so i dont have manual yet. my retarded self went to autozone thinking they had manuals for my bike. nope none. they do have some motorcycle oil. i was gonna use the castrol oil, they had another known brand. but both were 20/50w its pretty thick stuff, it was $3.99 for a quart. which seems pretty fair. anywho my oil is low and i was wanting to throw some of this in it. good thick oil to use? recommendations? also what kind of brake fluid do i use? im not familar with this bike ive only had it about 3 weeks now. the oil dipstick is on the right side of the bike right? i dont need to take off a all the fairings to get to the dipstick i know it was a pain to take my battery out to charge it. yesh.

Brandon

Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by billetproof97
ok so i dont have manual yet. my retarded self went to autozone thinking they had manuals for my bike. nope none. they do have some motorcycle oil. i was gonna use the castrol oil, they had another known brand. but both were 20/50w its pretty thick stuff, it was $3.99 for a quart. which seems pretty fair. anywho my oil is low and i was wanting to throw some of this in it. good thick oil to use? recommendations? also what kind of brake fluid do i use? im not familar with this bike ive only had it about 3 weeks now. the oil dipstick is on the right side of the bike right? i dont need to take off a all the fairings to get to the dipstick i know it was a pain to take my battery out to charge it. yesh.

Brandon
there are internet manuals for free that we stickied (in the stickie section above )

anyways, personally i use Shell Rotella 5w-40 t6 Fully Synthetic.
you can get the huge one for 17 bucks at Walmart. (blue bottle)

it is thin, but i live in AL, and with 96* outside each day, it's smooth and perfect for both seasons.
(it's all i use, unless i splurge on Mobil-1 4t Racing for track days)

As for a filter, i use K&N, but i hear the Honda ones are good paper, and work great. Any hi-flow as well.

---

Your dipstick can be reached without taking the fairings off (right side while on the bike, close the clutch box), but considering your experience, you may need to take the fairings off to get to the filter. ( i've got my own ways of getting it off without taking them off)

Old 08-04-2010, 11:02 AM

i will have to check that out thankyou. i took the dipstick out and looked inside last night and it was low. i had my riding gear out ready to ride, then i said F this im putting this thing back in the garage for tonight. i hear that shell oil is good stuff

Old 08-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by billetproof97
i will have to check that out thankyou. i took the dipstick out and looked inside last night and it was low. i had my riding gear out ready to ride, then i said F this im putting this thing back in the garage for tonight. i hear that shell oil is good stuff
been using it for over 20k miles.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:26 AM

DOT 4 for the brake fluid. I'm not sure if the brand or anything matters. Just make sure it's DOT 4. It handles the higher heat.