CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

plz plz need help and advice my baby is poorly

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: plz plz need help and advice my baby is poorly

if you read it i say when the road is clear so there isn't a chance of hitting someone and usually in the contryside were there's usually no pedestrians i don't live in the middle of a city it's not like i bomb round N.Y and when i said use all the road that was metaforically meaning if you did mess up you have the space to counter for that all be it's clear i've been to america N.J and i thought the road's were pretty safe but maybe were you'r from there not like that cos i would have alot of people from over here that wouuld back me up about mythought's ondriving... drivingagressivlyor quikly are completely different driving aggresivly is driving without thinking

Old 01-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i see your point and you are correct.... just be safe doing it.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:24 PM

thank you all it takes is an open mind and i admirethat you lot are trying to look after my welfare butthere's 2 side's to every argument and i was just trying to say my side of the story like i said i take pride in my riding and don't like to put a bad name on bikers we have enough to deal with allready

Old 01-18-2007, 08:53 PM

You need punctuation. Periods and commas and such. It's very hard to read your posts without it. It makes sense to you, because you know what you are trying to say.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Evening burnzybubbles,

It sounds like your bike took one hell of a beating. I recommend that you buy a frame off ebay or Craigslist. I can guarantee you that if you were to repair the bike, it will not ride correctly. You might not notice anything wrong while going straight down the road, but you will notice something wrong with the bike in turns. A friend of mine had a bike that endowed 2 or 3 times and there was an ever so slight bend in the frame. When she repaired the bike, it wouldn't corner well at all.
After going under a ranger, the frame of your bike is bent. How severe, God only knows. These bike frames are designed to carry 300 pounds or so vertically. Having a Ranger run over the bike probably exceededthe max weight limit by 3 times. In addition, the force was applied horizontally and these bikes are not designed to carry a load that heavy horizontally. As I said before, the frame is bent.
I strongly recommend that you salvage what you can from this bike and get another frame. There are frames with clean titles that are available on the sites I listed previously. Buy the frame and then move your good parts over to the new frame. For the remaining parts you lack... you will have to shop the same sites. The parts are out there, you just have to look for them. Best of luck.

Marc0011

Old 01-19-2007, 09:46 AM

thank's i think it will be best then to have it checked out i'm gunna take it to a frame straightners cos i want to keep the reg no and the box sections don't look twisted so it might only be slightly bent

but i've put some pictures in the gallery so you can see for your self i've taken off all the broken parts ie. all the fairings, susp, rad, manifold.https://cbrforum.com/photo.asp?photo...=6&apage=1