CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Please someone help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please someone help!!!!!!

So i was riding today, I have a 98 cbr 600 f3 with only 10,000 miles, but anyway I was riding today for about an hour nonstop and took a curve pretty fast and low. My bike started to stall and cut off. I waited like 5 minutes and it started right back up. I went out again and rode for about another hour on the way back it cut off again after about an hour this time it took like 15 minutes of waiting before it started. Some one told me to check if I got a tip sensor and someone else mentioned the coil pack. I need help so I can fix this problem....
Thanks in advance....

Old 11-14-2011, 10:21 AM

What was you rpm range? Yes the coil packs do get hot but if they was over heating it wouldn't take a hour. More in the range of 5 minutes.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 AM

I don't know if it has a tip sensor but they normally reset when you turn the ignition off. Check simple stuff first - check the tank is not under vacuum i.e. blocked breathers. Sometimes electrical problems can come and go with heat as stuff expands and contracts.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No tip sensors on the f3's bro.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 1st thought was the Reg. drains the battery, but when you let it stand for a while the battery recovers enough to ride on (until the reg overheats & drains the battery again).
Battery will only take this for a while though, before its totally stuffed. You can pull the lights fuse (if you have perm on headlights) to get you home. My reg packed up at about the same mileage.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

a guy that i used to ride with had a bike, a yamaha, that after riding an hour or so on the twisty road that we commuted on, would start sputtering and loose power almost stall. it would always happen in the same spot after the hour. first time he thought it was low on gas, but had half a tank. filled up, problem solved for the day. next day same thing. we pulled over, turned the bike off, and it had trouble starting. we then opened the fuel door to see if there was any gas in it, it was almost full, then the bike started like nothing was wrong. next day, same thing. this time he had another key to open the fuel door as we rode. the second he opened the door, bike ran great. vapor lock?

not sure if you are having this kind of problem, but you may want to look into it.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most likely as Pacemaker's saying, the R/R. It gets hot under load and fails to keep
up with the current demands. After the bike sits for a bit cools down and acts ok.

Here's a diagnostics thread...Charging System Diagnostics - Rectifier/Regulator Upgrade - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

Ern

Old 11-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was having a similar issue with a 600RR. I would go 60 miles and then the bike would act like it was running out of gas. I would pull over and top off. It would start right back up. I ended up replacing the full pump and the issue went away.
Here is what I would try. The fuel pump is an electronic part too, so I would unplug it and then bypass it. Ride around the distance where your problem occurs. If it doesn't occur, than it's most likely the contacts in your pump need to be replaced.
If the pump test doesn't solve the issue, check to make sure your vent hose for the tank isn't plugged. If the vent hose is clear, then check the RR. When testing the RR, I recommend one while the RR is cold and one while the RR is hot. Compare the results. If you're getting much lower voltages in the hot test or diodes are failing when hot, your RR is about ready to crap the bed.
I have 98 F3 and I was constantly going through RRs. I replaced the stator and RR at the same time and I still burned up an RR in about 6 months. After going through 3 of the junk OEM Honda RRs in a couple years, I went with the Shindengen FH012 RR. I took the one from the 2008 R1 because the connectors can be easily found on the internetz. If you want more details on what I did, let me know.

Last edited by marc0011; 11-15-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:04 AM

thanks for all the feed back I am going toorder a fuel pump and see if that works. i will let you know how it goes.......