CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Parts of tail won't stay together...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parts of tail won't stay together...

Stupid guy at the local motorcycle salvage yard/body shop told me that if i get a one piece tail i wont be able to take it off to get the seat off..... if i get one, how hard is it to take the tail off ? will it flex enough to slide the tail off cusmy tail, itsreal anoying now both side are unclipping on mineso im going to try that rubber band thing

Old 04-30-2007, 12:08 PM

On the stock plastic I just used electrical tape along the seams to hold the tail area together, didn’t look pretty but neither did the rest of the bike.
ORIGINAL: CBRFEAVER

Stupid guy at the local motorcycle salvage yard/body shop told me that if i get a one piece tail i wont be able to take it off to get the seat off..... if i get one, how hard is it to take the tail off ? will it flex enough to slide the tail off cus my tail, its real anoying now both side are unclipping on mineso im going to try that rubber band thing

It'll be a tight squeeze to get that one piece off over the seat area if it's stiff. I am in that same predicament with my fiberglass set that I got from overseas. Their set still has the three piece but they boned up royally with how it goes together. I’m think I might fiberglass the three together and make an alternative way to hold the new mock one piece tail down. This new set also has half-moon cutouts on each side faring where there is supposed to be a grab handle behind the seat. Has anyone seen an F3 with this grab-handle?

Old 05-01-2007, 01:28 PM

Hi, I'm new to the forum but just having a quick read through. The tail piece your on about with the rear grab handle is the same as mine, a UK model CBR 600 FW made from 1995 to 1998.

All the tailpieces slip apart, it is more than a common problem, its a feature. haha Short of putting a one piece tail on and drilling some holes in the side for seat removal your limited to elastic bands and zip ties as already mentioned i'm afraid. If you want to retain original looks that is.

Hope this newby helped.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:35 PM

too bad it looks like crap with no tail at all. I'm always quick to rip things off to improve anything and make my life easier.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:55 PM

Well peoples i fixed mine!!!! hahahahhahah all i did was adjust my center tail piece and now there tight together no slipping apart and i bump it every now and then

Old 05-02-2007, 06:33 PM

I took a look at it yesterday and unfortunately all the plastic tabs that would normally be there are broken off so I can't even zip tie it together or anything without it being seen.