CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

no exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no exhaust

how bad is it to ride without an exhaust on your bike? i took my D&D slipon off just to hear it and i've fallen in love with it. it sounds mean without it. are there any negative effects of riding w/o a pipe? aside from a ticket or two. ha. i mean, do you lose that much backpressure?

Old 04-17-2008, 11:44 AM
Default RE: no exhaust

You do lose back pressure. but as far as i know the downfall is just that the bike wont run as good, I could be wrong but thats my understanding.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:45 AM

yeh, i figured i'd lose some backpressure, which will make the bike run a little worse, but there was no real noticeable difference in the way it ran, other than a rougher idle.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:49 AM

I'm kinda tempted to pull my slipon off and see what she sounds like, haha. I always joke with my buds about doing zoomies right out the side of the bike, 2 pipes on each side, I just think that would look sooo badass!:-D

Old 04-17-2008, 11:55 AM

they do look b/a when they are tucked in right. for real though, take it off, the sound is amazing, and it only takes a minute to get off/put on. especially in the higher rpm's. it SCREAMSSS now.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:09 PM

I'll have to do it right before i ride with my other buddies. One has a full race exhaust(loud) and one has an fmf shorty on his gsxr(mucho loud!) they make fun of my not so loud slipon, but ill show them!!

Old 04-17-2008, 12:26 PM

I'm sure that that loss of backpressure will also bring you a loss of power. I know that's how it worked with my quad. I had practically no exhaust on it and when I put a stock can on it,I gained a lot of bottom end power. I personally wouldn't do it because as a "rider group" running obnoxiouslly loud exhaust just makes sportbikes look bad in general. Hate to sound like a party pooper but let someone else drive your bike by you and you'll see...I mean hear what I mean.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:00 PM

well, since we're talking about exhausts anyway, does anyone know how to cut down a slipon exhaust? to make is shorter, i'm interested and have seen it done, but i can't find anything on the forum about anyone else shortening their exhaust.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 PM

I heard it F's up your valves pretty bad.

Not worth doing in my opinion. And you'd be suprised how loud your bike can be if you aren't on it. My buddy has a RC51 that thunders louder than any bike I've heard (Has twin FMF pipes). On it it's not incredibly loud. Behind it I can't even hear my full system V&H exhaust.

If you are wiling to spend the money on a Dynotune they could probably adjust your needles and jets to run with no exhaust with out a negative affect. But removing hte exhaust will lean the crap out of your bike.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:49 PM

does it lean it out from not having the back pressure to keep the fuel air mix from flowing out your exhause, with the valve overlap? thats just what I'm assuming happens with it, so i figured one of you guys would know for sure

Quick Reply: no exhaust