CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

nicecycle.com fairing kits?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nicecycle.com fairing kits?

munson i say go for it! Its worth a shot..plus the person responding to that e-mail can speak english that isnt broken up and mutilated..so thats a plus

Old 11-04-2008, 10:42 AM

Munson go for it? hmm well none the less, I thinkI am going to give them a shot. I have been emailing the company's info email and received pretty good responses thus far. The only issue I have is that they only offer the 97-98 fairings, but oh well, I don't have an issue with that change, just have to go about doing the reading associated with that now *cue search engine; 96-98 fairing conversions* I guess I also have to face the issue of what paint scheme to choose and what to do with the rest of the bike! I think I willkeep the heat tape in mind when I receive it as a precaution. This ought to be a nice gift to receiveapon returning home from the deployment. Thanks for the comments and opinions.
~K

Old 11-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: VALKYIE

So go buy the knock off fairings and when things don't line up once you already drilled your wholes then just return them and try to get your money back. Yes Spend all that money for cheap plastic knock off but remember you are buying from a country that will feed industrial chemicals to a baby so I am sure they wont mention that there mold are not true and they produce fairings that don't line up correctly and use poor qaulity plastic.
ORIGINAL: Munson

For what it's worth, according to the website these nicecycle.com fairings are made in Japan.
Like I said VALKIE, read up on the subject before you spout garbage.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:51 AM

Damn, why does it seem all aftermarket sets only offer European tail sections. They all have that lil D-cutout on each side for the rear grab handle to go thru.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 AM

Well, I am stoaked, they can omit the decals that I don't want... very easy to work with thus far. Now back to browsing the paint schemes. Too bad my net here is SO slow, ahh!
~K

Old 11-04-2008, 02:13 PM

You know I can find many different site that sell these fairings. And anyone will say good things about their product to make a sell.
So a person can write a website and say anything they want or where the product is from. You think these things are from japan
fine but a picture tells it all. Look in the October issue of SuperStreetBike and you will see a small one page article about a bike with
the chinese fairings. They called them cheap and in the picture you clearly see they don't line up. So that tells me that these fairings
are made with poor quality. Remember in china its not about qaulity its about quantity. Trust me I am not talking garbageits just to
many people have said to many bad things about the fairings that caused me to look into them myself. Greed is a strong sin and aperson will tell you exactly what you want to hear to get your money and I see that here in this situation. Once you mount the fairings doing any drilling and other tooling to get them to fit they are damaged then. Didyou decide its not worth while and desire a refund. Thats what I am concerned mainly about trying to get a refund. Then they refuse to give you a refund and because they are all the way in china or where every they are what are you going to do about it.Just because they have a U.S. address does not mean they don't use the same cheap fairings from china.Its funny you only can get the euro style 97-98 fairings. Why is that because these fairngs come from the same place and everyone is using the same plastic injection molds thats lookway pass their mold usage life. Meaning after so many reproductions the mold depending what type it is begins to warp producing parts that don't fit correctly. Its funny because I know of three different bikes I read about in the past a 600RR, GSXR, and the F3 all have fitment problems so that tells me these things are just plain and simply cheap. Good luck with your purchase and I hope things work out for you. And thats all I have say about that.

Old 11-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This guy wasn't too happy with them.

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/gen...rket-kits.html

Old 11-04-2008, 04:41 PM

Please tell me how are the chinese fairings made?

Old 11-05-2008, 02:05 AM

well thank you for the link. I am glad I didn't dive in last night, that was some interesting reading from one of our own (f3 rider) and after reading his expierence, I think I will avoid this company. This was the type of information I was looking for, not the nothing logical to contributebut his close minded opinion stuff from Valkie...

I appreciate this, Munson!
~K

Old 11-05-2008, 06:18 AM

Thats funny because before the post from munson I reported that these fairings are cheap and made with poor quality. I even mentioned a article from a well known sportbike magazine stating the qaulity of these fairings. Then you get the link from SBN that explains a persons problems with these kits and the company. Everything he complained about I stated beforewould happen and you say I have a close mined. No I don't have a close minded opinion its my open mind that lead me to my opinion. I am open enough to see things from all angles.Its just I have learned just because a person makes a website and promise you this and that over the phone is only to get what they wanted and thats your money. I amjust trying to be a good christian/american and look out for others like I am suppose to and I would have hated if you purchased these fairings without any warning and find out you just bought a boxfull of junk. Sorry if I was frank you say you are in the service and I am a exNCO so sometimes I speak my mind I amsure you can understand were Iam comming from.Remember you ask for a opinion about these fairings and my opinion might not be what you wanted to here at the time. But its all up to you good luck in your decesion. I gotta go its time to eat.

Quick Reply: nicecycle.com fairing kits?