CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

nicecycle.com fairing kits?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nicecycle.com fairing kits?

Just wondering if anyone has ever gone through these guys, and if so, your opinion of the company's product.I like the concept and ease they offer,but hope to hear some opinions before I make my decision. http://www.nicecycle.com/
Thanks in advance!
~K

Old 11-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: nicecycle.com fairing kits?

The kits for the '08 1000RR look HAWT...

At least they're ABS and not glass. I'd love to see a set in person.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:18 PM

Looks like the same cheap stuff you get on ebay from china. Good luck and hope they don't melt away from you engine's heat. Or the other problems known with these kits. Buy quality try sharkskinz.com

Old 11-02-2008, 08:49 AM

it does look like the same quality as the ebay kits...which i am not majorly against them by the way...i wrote a review last january about a kit i bought. the melting can be solved by heat tape

Old 11-02-2008, 08:56 AM

after looking over the site..and if everything they say is true, it is a higher quality kit...they do have a phone number based out of Michigan so...idk

Old 11-03-2008, 11:22 AM

I e-mailed them about getting a different color than the ones they show, and they said it would doing all red, to match my tank,would be the same price as what they show. I said I was worried about them fitting, based on the bad experiences that people have reported with the ebay Hong Kong fairings, and this is their reply:

'We sell a lot of these F3 kits and no one has trouble with fitment etc. We also work with hundreds of dealerships throughout the US, UK and Australia, our plastics have a good reputation.'

Do you think it would be worth trying, or should I ask for references I can contact myself?

Old 11-03-2008, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: VALKYIE

Looks like the same cheap stuff you get on ebay from china.
So you think that ABS is the same as the chinese kits?

You need to read up a little more on how the chinese kits are made before you start handing out judgement.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:01 PM

I live in asia and I see products from china every day. All types of products from tools, to clothes, to food, and yes even motorcycle parts. The first words I look for is made in china because I see poor quality in most of the products on the shelves. The shop were I take my bike for service sells everything from a brand new R1 to a little 50cc motor scooter. The thing is you will not see any machines from china in his shop because it will fall apart on you before it even makes it around the corner. Alot of the korean people I know even a mechanic friend agrees stuff from china is junk. I was looking for a small generator so I went to the tool shop close to my motorcycle repair shop. Take your pick a small honda generator from japan or a knock off from china that will I am sure will give you more problems then good service. I am going with the generator from japan. I have traveled the world since I was a teenager with the military and I have learned about purchasing items and the two countries to stay away from are china and india.

So go buy the knock off fairings and when things don't line up once you already drilled your wholes then just return them and try to get your money back. Yes Spend all that money for cheap plastic knock off but remember you are buying from a country that will feed industrial chemicals to a baby so I am sure they wont mention that there mold are not true and they produce fairings that don't line up correctly and use poor qaulity plastic. Even in the magazine SuperStreetBike in a recent article stated the china fairing are considered cheap.

So good luck I am just trying to warn you from some of my first hand experience and save you some heartache and pain. If anyone every sees a set of chinese fairings on my Custom F3 with custom hand made bodywork, singlesided VFR swingarm and other goodies I will ship you my bike with the key in the ignition. That how strong I feel about cheap chinese bodywork. Good luck.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:48 PM

For what it's worth, according to the website these nicecycle.com fairings are made in Japan.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:48 PM

Ahh. Japan generally turns out some pretty decent stuff. I cant attest to EVERYTHING, but for the most part, their products are high quality. in GENERAL, the chinese stuff I see is poor quality, and american made is 50/50 really.

Those fairings look pretty neat to me, and I think they'd be worth it. if they're ABS and not poorly molded, they're good.

Quick Reply: nicecycle.com fairing kits?