CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

new place for lisence plate?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006 | 04:41 PM
Default new place for lisence plate?

I have a 98 f3 and wanted to do something to the plate. do you guys have any ideas where i can put it for a better look and if i move it what do i do with the plastic turnsingnal mounts. thanks

Old 03-16-2006 | 05:15 PM
Default RE: new place for lisence plate?

When I purchased my 97 the bracket for the turn signals had been removed. The rear turn signals had been put into the corner of the rear light housing. It works well as a turn signal too. Why spend money on an integrater when you can make one for free. It may not be amber but rear turn signals don't have to be by law. The license plate had been bolted up to where the bracket had been. I didn't much like that, so I bolted it up to the piece of plastic under the seat that sits about an inch away from the battery box. I'll try and go get some pictures of it in a minute. of the turn signals and all. I think you might like it.

Old 03-16-2006 | 06:36 PM

Ok here is the picture of my turn signals and how they mount and where I put my license plate and what it mounts to.
turn signals:

Name:  Photo171cut.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  79.8 KB

Name:  Photo170cut.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  50.3 KB

Name:  Photo174.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  123.2 KB

The turn signals were put there before I bought the bike and I personally liked the idea of it. On 97 and 98's the tail light has that little extended portion and it's blocked from the rest of the tail light. The zip ties have held it fine so far and it's been like that for at least a year probably more. The original owner who sold it to my friend, did it. I then bought the bike when my friend died. It's a lot cheaper than buying the integrated tail light for over $100 and looks good. It's different too.

License plate:

Name:  Photo172cut.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  84.9 KB

Name:  Photo173cut.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  77.0 KB

In the last picture you can see the battery box on the left and the left side pasenger peg bracket on the bottom. That should give you an idea of where to mount it. I just used plain screws and screwed it through the plastic.

Sorry about the large pictures and the quality too. They were taken on my camera phone. If you have any questions, let me know!

Scott

Old 03-16-2006 | 07:52 PM

That is a good idea for the turn signals... never thought about that. I bought a plate bracket that had small LED blinkers on both sides. You can see them in my gallery. But I just ordered a clear LED taillight off ebay last night. I will get rid of the plate bracket that is on there now and make a knew one out of aluminum or mount it like 91taurisho did. The only thing is I dont know if it will hit the hugger on mine. I see his is removed. That or make a bracket and put it on a nice angle so its almost flat.

Old 03-16-2006 | 07:54 PM

Also I will be selling that plate bracket and blinkers on ebay soon so if you want it I will give you a deal. I paid over $100 for it.

Old 03-16-2006 | 08:12 PM

Actually, I don't know if it will clear the hugger. I think it will, but the plate might need to be bent. I will have a rear hugger soon hopefully. I don't have anything on the bike but what it needs to run. No head light, front turn signals, no plastics at all, I have a tach but that just got put on. Nothing else is left but one small piece of my front fender. I actually think that the rear hugger will clear the plate but it may be pretty hidden with a hugger on there.

Old 03-16-2006 | 10:15 PM

just get the clear light that has the integrated yellow LEDS... I ordered one, juust haven't installed it yet, and then make a bracket to hang off under the seat, or under the taillight like it did...

Old 03-17-2006 | 06:21 PM

i like that homemade integrated taillight idea, i might consider doing it to mine

Old 03-17-2006 | 08:33 PM

i just did it to mine it only took like 20 minutes and im pretty satisfied with the results

Old 03-17-2006 | 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: TennRider

i just did it to mine it only took like 20 minutes and im pretty satisfied with the results

I'm glad that you liked it so much! For the price(free) it's the best integrated turn signal for the 97-98's there is. Plus, it offers a little weight savings when you remove all the stock bracketry. It's not much but everything counts.

Quick Reply: new place for lisence plate?