CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

New member with a question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with a question

Hello everybody ! ....I'm a new member from northern Illinois ...My name is Foster and i have recently been given a friends old 97 F3 . He used it as a track day bike the last few years he rode it then 2 summers ago he crashed at the track. The engine and all running gear and mechanicals of the bike are still fine in fact i just got it home from the bike shop and it's running like a million bucks ! But all the plastic except for the small piece over the tail light were ruined , so i'm replacing the tail plastic with used or aftermarket pieces and mounting a streetfighter light on the front and just making a streetfighter out of it just to use as a second bike. Now my question is this ...there's a rubber hose that runs up the left side of the bike to the frame work under the headlight that is a part of the Direct Air Intake System , and from what i gather from the manual is it's for low speed ( under 12 mph ) air induction ...now would it hurt to remove the small rubber hose piping in the front of the bike and leave just the main hose on the side of the bike ending just past the hanger holding it to the frame ?...Near as i can tell this would serve the same purpose since the fairing would'nt be there to keep the hose from gathering air ........Right? ...anyways anyone who knows opinion would be apreciated

Old 09-29-2006, 01:38 AM
Default RE: New member with a question

I asked my Honda dealer about it and he said to leave it alone as it's part of an air balancing system, or something like that I didn't quite understand.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:56 AM

i had realy hoped someone would say yea cut it.....cause i hate it and realy want to [:@] ...maybe i'll just try to fix it up where it is so it does'nt look so outa place and obvious [sm=signs007.gif]

Old 09-29-2006, 09:53 AM

I had mind disconnected with the single pipe setup you are describing and it was driving fine. Eventually I figured out how to route the pipes for the standard two intake system. I didn't really notice a difference in performance after doing that.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:21 PM

i was hope'in someone would say that [sm=happy046.gif] ..lol .....and thanks for the replies guys
ORIGINAL: gerharddvs

I had mind disconnected with the single pipe setup you are describing and it was driving fine. Eventually I figured out how to route the pipes for the standard two intake system. I didn't really notice a difference in performance after doing that.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:23 AM

i did my little get rid of the hose mod on the ole'CBR ....runs great no problems ...the little screen piece is just to keep out bugs and general crap

[IMG]local://upfiles/11417/723FDDDDF9D347CC8D2AA53DDCFE4E71.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11417/44DA8760EE2F4490A441D0D396A1552B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to let you know, there already is an air filter on that intake. It is just past where the line turns into the bowls of the bike. If you follow the line, there is a semi triangle box that it runs into. There is a foam filter in that box. Just a little FYI.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:35 AM

sweet...i'll have to fiddle with that

Old 10-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: cronos22

...all the plastic except for the small piece over the tail light were ruined...
Anyone else find that statement a bit ironic? Hehe, strange.

Nice bike to have given to you. Does your friend need anymore friends?

Old 10-09-2006, 01:31 PM

Yea ....i guess he went down on one side and then as it slid along one of pegs caught in a crack or seam in the pavment and it flipped over on the other side and then into the grass if i remember his explination correctly ............and he is getting a new bike this spring so if it meets the same fate i'll tell him to keep you in mind
ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

ORIGINAL: cronos22

...all the plastic except for the small piece over the tail light were ruined...
Anyone else find that statement a bit ironic? Hehe, strange.

Nice bike to have given to you. Does your friend need anymore friends?

Quick Reply: New member with a question