CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

new guy..

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy..

hello everyone i recently picked up a 97 F3 as my first street bike and i cant seem to get off the bike...i love to ride it I plan on getting new tires for it soon because they were pretty worn when i bought the bike last yr. Where would u guysrecommend getting a set of good street tires for a good price? Also, which specific brand/model of tire works well forthe F3? I also plan on buyinga aftermarket pipe for the bike, perferably a CF Yoshimura. Any good websites to find that? I searched on ebay and found very few. Thanks for the help

Old 03-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new guy..

The tyre question, always starts a debate, everyone has their preference. Just look at what is going to be the main type of riding your going to do & wots your riding style. Wot sort of money your willing to part with. Do you want to trade off performance for milage. Wot brand are on it now? have they been ok so far.
Bridgestone, Michelin, Pirelli & Avon, all make great tyres that suit the CBR, its a very competative market. And wots good for one rider, does not mean its going to be good for your style of riding. Just remember the stickier the compound the faster they wear. I have Bridgestones on mine, and they have been really good but I don't have a loyalty to any particular brand.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:34 AM

Like was said, there are a lot of good tires out there. And it's more important to decide what type of tire you want, than what brand. A sport touring tire like Pirelli's Diablo Strada will last longer than a full-on sport tire, so it's a good choice if you'll be doing a lot of low-intensity street riding like commuting to work, or long tours. But you give up something on grip, so it's definitely less capable in twisties or on a track.

And as far as replacing the pipe, what are you going for? Better performance, better looks, better sound?

Old 03-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

yoshi pipes sound great on our bikes , i have a d&d right now and would rather have a yosh. as far as tires i have always had good results with pilot powers. again these are just my personal prefs .. good luck

Old 03-13-2007, 08:07 PM

pilot powers great o mileage nice heat up time not to pricey . go to ridenowonline.com thats the cheapest i found them for on the net

Old 03-14-2007, 02:11 AM

Thanks again guys... i recently called up a local shop and got a few quotes of some tires... they recommended the Dunlop Qualifiers for my cbr and they are running $97.XX for the front and about $112.00 for the rear, he mentioned that they are Z rated tires. Anyone running these tires? if so how do u like them?.. As far as the pipe goes, i am looking for something that will add better performace and has a nice tone to it but not too loud. I prefer carbon fiber cause i think it would look/match best with my bike...

Old 03-14-2007, 04:37 AM

I'm getting qualifiers put on my bike this weekend.. I rode a gsxr with them and liked em, but haven't tried em on my bike... I'll check back in once i get em on and get some miles on em and let you know what i think..

Old 03-14-2007, 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Clean97F3

Thanks again guys... i recently called up a local shop and got a few quotes of some tires... they recommended the Dunlop Qualifiers for my cbr and they are running $97.XX for the front and about $112.00 for the rear, he mentioned that they are Z rated tires.
That's not a bad price, especially for the rear. How much does he want to install them?
The Z rating means you're good up to something like 149 miles per hour.