CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

needs more power

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default needs more power

whats up.

this is my first post ive been on this site alot and found a lot of info on my f3. i picked it up about 3 years agor for 16hundred bucks needed a littl tlc, but i knew the guy and the bike knew it ran great so i bought it, got some new plastic painted it flat black and a couple stock decals later looks great easy to keep clean plus once you scrath it spray can is cheap fix. any way i put a ton of looot into it. D&D full system, LOVE IT, modified airbox,k&n filter, jet kit, -1in front, pirelli diablos,flusmounts,sliders. i absolutley love the f3 its my first street bike but ive ridden dirt all my life. the bike has tons of power smokes my buddies 06gsxr 600 (or maybe its the rider) but id like a little more. now it does have close to 40k on it no ticks or anything no smoke runs great. id like some sufggestions on how to get more power. i know what i can do, bore it out,head worke, turbo,ot n2o. id just like some opinions from you guys about what i should do. i dont want to get a new bike everything i own is paid for and i want to keep it that way. the bike will do 140 all day i just want some more torque basiclly. like i saids i can smoke that 06 gsxr in the canyons but not on top close but hes a little faster which is to be expected of a newer bike. i live in vermont hacve lots of great roads with lots of corners everyone here says "buy a 1000" i dont think i need it, too much power never use it plus if u can ride u can ride the tires off a six hundred. anyways thanks for everything.

Jeff

Old 05-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Default RE: needs more power

Bout all you can do that's simple is to get an ignition advancer unless you want to crack open the engine.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:30 AM

i just installed an ignition advance woke it up alot front wheel is a lot lighter on accelration whellies great. nice but till not enough, i guess im just going to have to live with it.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 AM

I've read a few threads on the advancer. Is it worth it do you think? And where did you get yours?

Old 05-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Flat side carbs would be a good add on but they are super duper expensive. The other problem is that they are really hard to find anymore. If you find a used set, they are beat to hell. The other thing you can do is shed weight. For instance, the rims. You could look into a set or rims from a lighter alloy.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:20 PM

i got my advance rotor on ebay for 30 bucks its a factory pro some kid had it and didnt like it it wasnt bent i dunno what degree it is but it does have a 6 stamped on it im assuming its a 6degree advance i went on factory pros websit and it does say they meka some wioth a 6degree advance. i like it woke it up alot on the bottom front end gets really light when you acclerate. whellies like a dream you dont even have to try it just comes up. i think its worth it easy to install and pretty cheap.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:37 PM

if all you want is torque then do the -1 +2 gears you will loose some on top end but the gain of torque is unreal, but if you want top end you can -2 on the rear gear (you loose torque though), if you want both you will need to drop some serous cash and do some head work, and some cams etc, don't just drop nos or a turbo on a motor with that many miles its just asking for trouble. if you want nos or a turbo, or both buy another motor and modify it to run the system you want to set up safely, plus your down time will be minimized since you can still ride while you build the motor the way you want

Old 05-26-2008, 01:33 AM

all my bike has (to my knowlege)is a race windscreen, k and n air filter, d and d slip on and it'll do 165 all day. y does yours only do 140? (mine only has 21 k on it)

Old 05-26-2008, 09:02 AM

i droped it -1 in front and it made a huge differnce, i said it'll do 140 all day because where i live these not much room to go much faster you have to hit the highway ive been 160. 140 is all you can get before you have to set up for the turns. living in vt is great lots of sweet turns but not a lot of straights. if im gonna do turbo on nos, id buy a new engine and build it then put it in. i can only ride for 7 1/2 months a year if im lucky so its not like i dont have the time. i found some cams on cbrzone.com for like 600bucks considering buying those.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:26 PM

gotcha, here in az i rode 165 for 15 miles down the 60 at 4 in the morning, funnest ride ever!

however my recent 5th speeding ticket has slowed me down havnt hit over 100 in 3 months now

Quick Reply: needs more power