CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

(Need Help) 5k RPM = no power any gear (95 F3)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
You say you run your bike without the fuel pump. What kind of riding do you do? Aggressive? Street? Highway?

I'm asking because while I'm street only, its Philly streets. And there are times when staying safe = opening the throttle and getting immediate response 1-6. I can short shift 1-6 at 4k rpm. But I cannot have a bike that can flake out at high rpms. The fuel pump is there for high rpm situations to my understanding.

So how does your bike with no fuel pump perform at higher rpms?
Well, i am trying to behave smart. I don't race on the street. Although I do pretty hard accelerations. I don't notice any huge difference. I wouldn't completely agree about high RMPS. Fuel pump is not only for high RPMS but also for high speeds. For Pilhy street it doesn't make any difference at all. That F3 fuel pump is just a pain in the but. As soon as I get my new float valves I ll put the pump back in. But if it doesn't help I ll just by pass it for good.
Also I know a good racer in WERA league who races the hell out of his F3 without that damn pump...

Old 09-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not trying to race either. Red light racing only works in Midnight Club
But if I lean on the throttle I have to KNOW it will respond. The fuel pump is there for a reason. And if its affecting performance, I need to know it. And fix it.
Originally Posted by desperado
Well, i am trying to behave smart. I don't race on the street. Although I do pretty hard accelerations. I don't notice any huge difference. I wouldn't completely agree about high RMPS. Fuel pump is not only for high RPMS but also for high speeds. For Pilhy street it doesn't make any difference at all. That F3 fuel pump is just a pain in the but. As soon as I get my new float valves I ll put the pump back in. But if it doesn't help I ll just by pass it for good.
Also I know a good racer in WERA league who races the hell out of his F3 without that damn pump...

Old 09-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I'm not trying to race either. Red light racing only works in Midnight Club
But if I lean on the throttle I have to KNOW it will respond. The fuel pump is there for a reason. And if its affecting performance, I need to know it. And fix it.
Well,
I completely agree with that. Thats why I am also trying to put that pump back on the bike. It just so weired. The pump stops pumping for no reason and the bike stops. I will put it back after I do my carbs work.
But now as I said I am riding without it. And the bike is just fine. If the gas tank is full I would nt even notice a tiny difference. More than enough power for my daily commute or knee dragging on the parking lot.