CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

my first bike i need help

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013 | 05:54 AM
|

So where then can I find a windshield for inder 150 lol

Old 02-05-2013 | 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
*Brake pedal can be bent back (heating with a torch helps).
But it's generally easier, (imo) to leave it mounted to the bike, while doing so.
IMO you should never put a naked flame anywhere near your bike, I've seen bikes go up in flames because of people using lighters to look at something on their bike in the dark, not thinking of the likely consequences, petrol is flammable o_O

Old 02-05-2013 | 01:08 PM
|

Originally Posted by FlamingDeath
IMO you should never put a naked flame anywhere near your bike, I've seen bikes go up in flames because of people using lighters to look at something on their bike in the dark, not thinking of the likely consequences, petrol is flammable o_O
true i planned on taking it off anyway so that if it didnt come out right i could just put a new on on i found one online for $45

Old 02-08-2013 | 10:09 PM

to me my f3 is perfect size, im 5'8 200lbs

also in april when i go home (currently out of town working) ill make a build thread on my bike, ive got all kinda of parts at home waiting for me includeing some china parts off ebay...i was one to never buy china parts but i took a chance and ill find out.

ive used mostly ebay to find parts, but ive also bought a lot off amazon for it.

Old 02-09-2013 | 01:27 PM

Hey welcome. I just got a 96 cbr 600 also and I'm 5'10" 175lbs and I find it fits perfect. The last sport bike I rode was a gs1100 and that was way too big. I could barely touch the ground. These 600's are the perfect height etc. also when I got mine into the shop the throw was sticking also. It turned out that the PO had put a washer between the bar end and the throttle tube and tightened the crap out of it due to some screwed up threads on the bar end. I fixed the treads and put it on properly and it works fine now. You never know what you'll find I guess it was faster to do it wrong rather than just fixing it right he first time. I also lubed the cable.