CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

my first bike...ever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first bike...ever!!!

hey guys, just joined about a week ago when i was looking at a couple of bikes and decided to go with this used '98 CBR600. 25000 miles on it but i got it at an awesome price so i couldn't pass it up. Unfortunately i have a crap load of things to do before i can ride it more than 2 minutes beyond my own street like get insurance, a jacket, real gloves (not my harbinger work out ones =]), and take it to a dealership or somewhere just to do a full-point inspection and make sure its in as good a shape as possible.

this pics not too clear, took it with my cell, but damn i love this thing. and dont worry, i'll try to use the search feature as much as possible to not pester u guys too much with my super newb questions

Old 10-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: my first bike...ever!!!

congrats i know your going to love it.. my 97 F3 is my 1st bike also. i couldnt ask for a better 1st bike. it has everything (great looks, enough power, comfortable and nice handling) looks from the pic that its in good shape yea get your gear and insurance taken care of and then enjoy your new love hahaha and also yes use the search function it will save you alot of time and the people here are really great too (just dont bring up certian topics ) ride safe and try and keep both wheels on the ground (these F3's can wheelie pretty good not that i would know hehe)

Old 10-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 98 CBR also, I'm at the other end of the spectrum and it's probably my last. but I could not ask for a better piece of kit. They are a great bike (and in the right hands a total weapon) They have their quirks, as you probably realise from this forum. but you have made the right choice. congratulations (nice colour)

Old 10-01-2006, 01:16 PM

Congrats!!! Those 600's are great bikes especially for beginners! I love mine!! Have fun and enjoy it, but be safe!! Don't worry bout your questions everyone has them sometime, you can learn a lot on here!

Old 10-02-2006, 02:26 AM

Yeah nice bike! It looks clean as hell. Just take your time getting a feel for cornering and switching lanes etc, feel the bike and let the bike drive you and never give it the Death Grip! If your confident the bike will feel you I have a 95 600 f3 with 6400mi on it and I love it! Have fun and payattention to the road Partna!

Old 10-02-2006, 06:56 AM

haha thanks for the welcome guys...yea im definitley gonna take it slow, taking an MSF course in 2 weeks or so...cant wait to get home this weekend from college and ride iit again!!!! my baby is sleeping at home all alone =(

Old 10-03-2006, 09:01 PM

cool man. i just took msf a few weeks ago and picked up an F3 as well. so far i love it!

Old 10-03-2006, 10:40 PM

sweeeeeeeeeet got welcome to the f3 club . i was thinking of selling my f3 next season and getting something brand new but decided to keep it i just like the bike to much gonna get a little paint done on the rims misc parts make it purty. nice bike good luck with it