CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

My Ducati 748 Tail conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only goes so far is meant that if the rider blows at riding the bike, they'll never use the shock the way it's set... regardless if its a 500$ shock or a stock one... and if it's a 1000 $ setup fine tuned for the rider it wont change anything.

How high off is the reservoir from the tire? Will the tail section be wider than the front fairings?

Sweet job so far.. find the better camera, your phone isn't doing the trick...

BTW, you need a new tire :P

Old 01-23-2011, 09:11 PM

Haha, I ride for a Bridgestone distributor. www.streetandcomp.com The bike will get a new set of stones before it roles out of the shop. Resevooir is a ways of from the tire but it is set out far enough so even if the tire goes that high it will clear the res.

Ya, i misunderstood ya again k, sorry, and i agree. Rider is 80 percent of the equation in motorcycle racing. Especially at lower levels where there is such a big difference in rider ability. You get guys who show up with the best of everything and can't ride worth a damn.... Kind of fun to beet up on a dude with a $15k bike when your riding something you built in your basement!!! Talk about priceless.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:22 PM

Ohh, and no fairings, just a removable belly pan to pass tech. Streetfighter, or should i say trackfighter. It will also have easily removable headlight and tail light. I will literally ride it to the track, let drew race it and then i'll ride it home. Not enough room in the trailer for another race bike and an excuse to make my girlfriend drive the trailer and let me take a bike up.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:35 PM

Haha, awesome!

15k bike and taking it down in turn 1 is the best and ofcourse it's the settings, it's not the rider.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 PM

Its never the rider if you loose, always the rider if you win.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:50 PM

lol! That my good man, should be a tattoo

Old 01-27-2011, 12:27 AM

bump

Old 01-28-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by kerosene
bump
I have made some progress but no new pics, have to find my camera. Made the mounting tabs on the sub frame to mount the fuse box, flashers, ecu, and fuel pump. Gota order a headlight and fab up some mounts.

Next step is to fire up the welder and grinder and fill and smooth some of the work on the tail mount, then strip the bike for paint and detailing.

Still have to order the pearl and the flake, I'll buy the paint local. I'm going to paint the base here then go to my buddies in CT for pin striping, then back up here for effects.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:19 PM

buuuump.... I wished I had a welder right now... would save me soooo much work

Old 02-05-2011, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by kerosene
The stock shock's reservoir is mounted on the peg and air is supplied by a ugly rubber tube... the F4i has the reservoir directly on the shock which cleans up things a bit. So you'll make a bracket for the reservoir, that's sweet, what I did was cut off the stock from the peg and used that as a proper bracket and just welded it on under the tail...
I knew what you were trying to say. The term they use is "piggy back" when it comes to the reservoir mounted on the shock body. I agree on the ugly hose along the subframe to the reservoir. Same set up on my old M model RGV250 I had. Probably a bastard to bleed properly when servicing the shock. I'll find out soon, about to do it on my F3. My CR250R's showa shock was annoying enough without having a hose between it and the reservior.

Quick Reply: My Ducati 748 Tail conversion.