CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

my bike took a dump

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006 | 03:51 AM
|
Default my bike took a dump

yesterday my bike took a dump. while i was riding, the bike went into a limp mode. i've only had the bike for a week now. and only put about 150 miles on it so far. its a 95 f3 with 20k miles on it. i've put a new chain and sprocket and changed the oil. im not sure but while i was riding the bike instantly lost about 50% of it's power and was unable to idle by itself. i had to use the throthle to modulate it's rev so it wouldn't die.

but within 30 seconds of exhibiting this characteristic, the bike wouldn't even accelerate anymore regardless of how much throthle i used it jsut kilted over and died.

so i am stuck at a stop sign unable to get the bike to turn on again. i practically used almost all the battery to attempt to turn it on again. i figured i ran out of gas or something. but thats not it.. it has gas. in fact almost a half tank worth of gas.

so im like out of luck with the bike at the moment. i don't know what to do.

is somehow the carb messed up? or the fuel pump got shot? what is it? did anyone exhibit something like this?

my damm bike is sitting out in some neiborhood at the moment. i don't like it sitting there and i like to pick it up but i don't have a ramp to pull it onto my truck.. im probably going to walk it home.

homefully i don't get pulled over or anything. but it's a half mile walk.

Old 12-08-2006 | 10:05 PM
|
Default RE: my bike took a dump

well.. since noone was able to give me some pointers.

i decided to dig into my bike to see why it wasn't working. after pulling the fairings, seat and gastank. i figured it was fuel related so i decided to check my basics. i went ahead and checked to see if i have fuel in the tank... (really low fuel) Odd.. i remember putting at least 12 oz of fuel and yet it had less that then that. i pulled the tank off and went to the gas station and filled the tank up.

i turn on the bike to the start position and found that the fuel pump was working just good. nice good pulses just like a rapid beating heart. i also felt the pull of the pump so.. it wasn't a cloged fuel filter either.

i then started replugging the hoeses to the gas tank. i turn the gas switch on.. and saw my problem. turns out the line to the tank to the fuel filter had a tear. so i had to replace that wire. costed me a total 80c for 8 inches of fuel hose. turns out that gas was consistantly dripping out of the tear out of the hose. tanks -> hose -> fuel filter. i got the bike running and i put it all back togeather in like 5 mintues.

so after for 4 days. i took it for a spin. runs good.

Old 12-09-2006 | 01:16 AM

Never saw your post man other wise I would have suggested just what you did. Most definantly fuel related. My 900RR ran just like that when I had a torn diaphram in the petcock. Glad you found it and back on the road.

Old 12-09-2006 | 07:28 AM
|

yeah felt good riding it.. somehow the bike sounds differently runs the same.. but sounds different. either that or i've forgotten the sound of the bike already.

iono. i did walk it to my house with the help of my bro.. man we found out we couldn't walk it with both of us on either side of the bike. we just pull each other left and right thinking it's going to tilt one way or the other.. so i had my bro just push it from behind. i was thinking how it would be a better idea to tie a rope to the truck and i hold the cord while he pulls for a half miles worth.. but we didnt want to get in trouble via police on the major public street.

some smuck threw a bananna peel on the foot brake pedal too *******.

Old 12-10-2006 | 12:04 AM
Banned

Glad you got it running.

I would never leave my bike somewhere if I had a truck, heck everyone knows someone with a truck. It's only 400 pounds - get a buddy and it loaded.

Oh yeah, people suck.