CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

my bike sucks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my bike sucks!!!!

i have a 96 f3 . bought it messed up. when i ride in 1st n' 2nd, the bike will run strong . when i hit 3rd it will bog and flutter. but wont go faster then 55mph. if i lean forward and cover the air box with my hand it will pick up till i have to switch gears. i have bought air filter,plugs ngk iridiums cr9eh9, coils, ecu. fuel pump, fuel filter,kickstand switch, had carbs synced. The mechanic told me the bike had good compression, but cylinder # 4 was much cooler than the rest. i have a yoshi slipon. thats really all i can say about it . but i want to fix it . does anyone know what is up with this thing. ive dropped too much money into it and still runs like crap! please help.

Thanks, Roby

Old 06-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Default RE: my bike sucks!!!!

wanna trade??
Name:  BikeOverhaul005.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  186.1 KB

Old 07-01-2007, 12:45 AM

I think your problem is not enough fuel. (When you cut air, it runs well on a given amount of fuel. Then with more air, it's getting the same fuel as before.) Check to make sure your vent hose for the tank and all vent/vacuum hoses aren't blocked or crimped. Also, your solenoid valve that controls something in the back of the carbs could be malfunctioning or just plain isn't hooked up. There is a low speed line and a high speed line that get switched by the solenoid at 12mph. If only the low speed line is hooked up, your bike's top end would suck. There's a good chance that's the problem. Also, have the carbs been cleaned recently? Have they sat for a while? Let me know if any of those fix your problem.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BlindinOrange

wanna trade??
yeah, but its so easy now to keep clean, and lets be honest, even easier to diagnose problems

Old 07-05-2007, 07:52 PM

hell yeah , thanks for your help the bike is great. now the only problem ihave is keepin the front wheel on the ground!!!!!1 Thanks!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 07-05-2007, 09:08 PM

What ended up being the problem?

Old 07-06-2007, 07:12 PM

The two lines in the back of the carbs didnt have a line hooked up to them. when i changed the carbs i notice it wasnt connected. i followed the air valve solenoid lines they were run like overflow tubes. Thanks for the help.
Anyone want to by carbs, coils, kickstand, airbox, ecu. these are the parts i thought were broken but it was one freakin line that was disconnected. Thanks again!!

Old 07-07-2007, 06:43 AM

isn't that always the way, you think something is f****d and spend loads trying to sort it and then find out it is a loose wire. I had a similar thing when I first got my bike, it kept cutting out whilst I was riding along, I thought I had bought a lemon but it turned out to be a poor connection on the fuel pump.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:08 PM

I have the same symptoms. Are you saying you corrected the problem by connecting the air valve solenoid lines? Tell me about your parts. Do you want to sell them still?

Old 07-28-2007, 05:00 PM

i had this same problem... changed every part imaginable and even swapped engines lol you gotta make sure the three tubes that come out of the back of the carburetors are hooked to the two ports on the front of the air box.... just incase anyone else has this problem. i also bypassed the air solenoids and ran a straight tube... the solenoids are only used under like 12 mph anyway and are for the most part, useless.

Quick Reply: my bike sucks!!!!