CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Miss or no??? You tell me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss or no??? You tell me!!!!

So it’s a 95 F3 it’s git a K&N air filter it’s jetted out 140s in thecenter and 138 on the outside it’s got to aftermarket slip on exhaust and I just want to know are you guys think this sounds like sounds like a miss to me but didn’t know if maybe this is normal for these bikes if not is it a common problem and does anybody know where I should start didn’t know if maybe this was normal for these bikes if not is it a common problem and does anybody know where I should start? I need a laser thermo so I can see which which ones missing but if anybody can do any help until then I’ll be much appreciated!!! I tried to upload straight to site from phone but kept saying security token Error so YouTube it is!!! Thanks a lot!!!!

Old 02-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

You can use a spray bottle with water on each header instead.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My stepson's bike was missing, and we used a laser thermometer to see which cylinder was the culprit. Sure enough, after a minute of running, #2, 3, and 4 headers were at nearly 300°F. #1 was at 95°F. Stuck float/needle valve. Had it going again in short order.

Don't need anything too fancy. I have a pretty expensive Fluke model, but I need to take very accurate measurements for my work. For everyday slogging, this ought to be fine:
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by EchoWars; 02-05-2018 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon
You can use a spray bottle with water on each header instead.

yea I did this and the water evaporated at the same speed but this was after it had been running for a while. I’ll fire it and try it right away!!!

Old 02-05-2018, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by EchoWars
My stepson's bike was missing, and we used a laser thermometer to see which cylinder was the culprit. Sure enough, after a minute of running, #2, 3, and 4 headers were at nearly 300°F. #1 was at 95°F. Stuck float/needle valve. Had it going again in short order.

Don't need anything too fancy. I have a pretty expensive Fluke model, but I need to take very accurate measurements for my work. For everyday slogging, this ought to be fine: https://www.harborfreight.com/non-co...ing-69465.html

yea i got a coupon to get one for 17.99 jus need to go get it when I have the money!! I took my bike out for first time yesterday and froze my ***** off but the bike ran solid. It’s seems to only be at idle , but I have to get a clutch cause mine is slipping started at the end of last season so I’m getting that kit that has Kevlar friction plates. There’s A shop here that will beat any online price so he said 160 for the kit it’s normallly 200 or over so I’m pumped on that!!!
priorites

Old 02-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

First off, have you done any work to the bike?
(1) re-jetting...you will need to sync the carbs.
(2) adding a slip-on you may need to sync the carbs.
(3) K&N sometimes requires syn the carbs
(1,2 and 3) you really need to sync the carbs.

If one butterfly is not open enough, the pipe will be cooler than the others and you will get rough idle but should pull strong.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
First off, have you done any work to the bike?
(1) re-jetting...you will need to sync the carbs.
(2) adding a slip-on you may need to sync the carbs.
(3) K&N sometimes requires syn the carbs
(1,2 and 3) you really need to sync the carbs.

If one butterfly is not open enough, the pipe will be cooler than the others and you will get rough idle but should pull strong.
Yes I am sorry I didn’t include that info!!!! I have done work to it have K&N and it has a slip on. As I didn’t know it was already jetted by owner pervious to the guy I bought it from I took the carbs off and got them apart and realized they were previously jetted. After looking tho it had 136s on outside carbs cause the guy before had stick air filter with aftermarket exhaust. Since I put a K&N in it the kit called for 138s on the outside and 140s on inside so all I didn’t was switch the outside ones cause inside already had the 140s. I figured I needed to snyc and already have the tool lined up for me to borrow form my buddy I jus didn’t know if it being a little off snyc would cause it to run that rough at idle. It runs like an ox when driving jus would like a smooth consistent idle!! I will sync in the next days (not sure when cause it’s freezing *****) but will still probably do it cause I’ll be working on Body and paint on it anyway!! Thanks for the duh moment and for replies. I will post when I get the sync tool and I’ll go ahead and post a vid of me syncing so you all can scold me if I do something wrong!!! (I want this btw I love to learn and knowledge is power) I can take a car and my bike apart and out back together in my sleep but have never synced carbs before and am excited to do it!!!! Thanks to all