CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/)
-   -   Making the bike look newer (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/making-bike-look-newer-29965/)

KidCr3nshaw 01-22-2007 01:33 PM

RE: Making the bike look newer

Even if it is, it has to be minor. A new stay could be welded in seconds.

Screw the tech stuff, we'll make it fit! Let's get a price on these bad boys... someone here posted the original link but twas in Spanish - anyone care to translate if we find the site again?

SEAN_VANCE 01-22-2007 07:36 PM

Post it up, ill translate...Im interested DAAAAAAM....why buy a new bike with that kit?:D

Jatsin 01-23-2007 05:17 PM

"Here is an F3 kit from Spain...

Badass... "

Understatment of the year...... I am in love..... ok Im ez throw a litle red paint on any thing and Ill Drooool!!!! I like it alot!!!

supaflypriest 01-23-2007 09:52 PM

Wow! Lets get some more info on this!

noslofivoh 01-26-2007 02:56 PM

The F2 and F3 fairing stays are different. No need to do any welding though. You can just unbolt either and swap them over. My F3 came originally with an F2 fairing stay and F2 plastics. I changed the stay and installed 98 model plastics- for the newer looking tail- plus it was a matching set of plastics. I got them complete off ebay for $499 plus shipping which I think was $99 insured.

jimbo84 02-11-2007 12:08 AM

Hi I saw the link on the repsol plastics set, Does anybody know who makes a good repsol race set like the one in this thread for the f3 ? I looked on ebay but to no success......It would help a lot thanks :D

Ar15 guy 02-11-2007 01:25 AM

The 95's look exactly like my f2 besides the side fairings are slightly different. I may be picking up a 95 very soon tho.

KidCr3nshaw 02-11-2007 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: jimbo84

Hi I saw the link on the repsol plastics set, Does anybody know who makes a good repsol race set like the one in this thread for the f3 ? I looked on ebay but to no success......It would help a lot thanks :D
You can get it - but it would be hard to ride without and arm and a leg... sorry - bad joke.

You could more easily pick up the race set you want and then get the decal kit for it and have a pro body shop put that stuff on with a paint job. It still might be cheaper than buying a licensed Repsol set.

LlanoSV 02-12-2007 04:51 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw
You can get it - but it would be hard to ride without and arm and a leg... sorry - bad joke.

BOOOOO **throws tomato, and other vegtables**

haha. J/k

VALKYIE 02-12-2007 09:04 AM

Well if you are looking to change the look of you F3 just do what I did. I used R1 upper and molded it to my F3 fairings. And now I have a fresh look for my bike. I cant post them here but look at late model CBR 600 F3 ,Custom Home made fairing update. Its was a little prices but it was the easiest fairing job I've done.