CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

lots of updates on my F3 proyect..full body and engine overhaul!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lots of updates on my F3 proyect..full body and engine overhaul!!!!!

Hi guys..since I posted and add about a week ago looking for some help fixing my bike due to my lack of extra time and I did not get any answers...I decided to do it on my own and stretch my day........so far....all bike is fully taken apart.....body and engine.....

and I need your expertise here...tomorrow with day light I will have a closer look at the pistons and head and determine how they are based on specs.....and see size...stock....618cc or 637cc...no idea what they are and how good..

I am willing to drop some serious money on my bike..please advise me in best options....regardless how the pistons are..I would like to start from scratch..since I am landing gear tec..I like everything back to specs...best quality and new....from every bolt, gasket, bearings,etc,seal,,,,,

So guys what would u suggest I should do to get me back in pristine condition and hot....I will attach a pic of how the final product would look like...( orange-black two tone)..frame powder coated,swingarm,rims,gas tank,forks,everything...it is a different bike..newer model..but I am using the two color tone combination..just as the pic's look like..

[ATTACH]13717[/ATTACHlots of updates on my F3 proyect..full body and engine overhaul!!!!!-rebuild2.jpg
lots of updates on my F3 proyect..full body and engine overhaul!!!!!-rebuild6.jpg]lots of updates on my F3 proyect..full body and engine overhaul!!!!!-rebuild5.jpg
lots of updates on my F3 proyect..full body and engine overhaul!!!!!-castle.jpg

Attached Thumbnails lots of updates on my F3 proyect..full body and engine overhaul!!!!!-orangebike.jpg  

Last edited by elivancho; 02-04-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:24 AM

is that a picture of you next to some landing machinery? pretty cool

Old 02-05-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Michaud85
is that a picture of you next to some landing machinery? pretty cool
yes..thats what I do for a living....

and love bikes..this is my first bike-project....never done anything like this...but all i need is a manual..and the cbrforum...i will look better than a 2011 and run..like a boeing....jajajaj

Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

orange and black? Go Flyers!!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:15 PM

Sweet! This should be a great build to watch. How many miles were on the bike to begin with? I dont know much about restoring engines but I think your on the right track, replacing every gasket and seal. Im sure there are some great chemical cleaning dips that would help make your engine minty fresh but thats a little beyond me.

I know your trying to get this bike back to honda spec, but be sure to replace the parts that have been known to cause problems on these f3's reg/rec, cam chain tensioner...

Keep the pics coming and keep us updated. I doubt that I will ever bore out my f3 but would like to learn more about what it involves.