CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

how to take the carbs off any help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ga_skyline_rydr
Of course another way to take care of problems like this at least in a thrilling way is to run triple figures on the bike and that should blow out all of the **** in the system. Of course I didn't say that.
da*m right! like I said I couldn't even get it started this morning so we might have to pull it haha

Old 11-18-2010, 01:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ga_skyline_rydr
Yeah with the back firing that is a dead ringer for plugs. When my kat back fired changing out the plugs solved that too. Another thing to think about is the idle control. I noticed on all my carb bikes when the average temps changed like say around 20 degree average change the idle control had to be tweaked just ever so slightly to compensate for the temp change. Then again I ride all year round regardless of temps. A little off of the topic but if you have some time on your hands real soon do you want to meet up for a ride say like half way between Albany and Cumming, let me know. Good luck with the bike fix.

Good to know thanks man!

Old 11-18-2010, 08:42 AM

lets say my idle control is way off what is the best way to try and set it back. I mean would you cut it all the way off then try to start the bike, and open it little by little as you try to start?

Old 11-18-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by shigga
nah I ride it every day I think this alll goes back to me adding some seafoam to the gas. I put the 1oz to a gallon like they say.
Seafoam will fowl your plugs in a jiffy. I only use that stuff when i know im going to be doing a tune up soon. It may have also cleaned out your carbs so it may be running rich due to better flow. Id say try plugs and tuning.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by madtaz10665
Seafoam will fowl your plugs in a jiffy. I only use that stuff when i know im going to be doing a tune up soon. It may have also cleaned out your carbs so it may be running rich due to better flow. Id say try plugs and tuning.

Yeah I'm going tomorrow to get some ngk cr9eh-9 for it. Hey read what I posted about the idle control I'm not to sure how to tune it in.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:44 PM

oh, one more thing to I know I'm not running to rich I have a k & n + two bro exhuast with no jet kit. I can tell it need one bad at first I was just thinking the carbs where messy. Now I'm really thinking they might be ok, just other then the jets need to be biggeer!!!

Old 11-18-2010, 06:56 PM

Hey Shigga, You really should rejet those carbs. The difference will be significant. I rejetted mine & it made a huge difference. Smoothed out a flat spot I had between 5 & 6k and made the bike preform much better. I am not a mechanic, it was the first time I had ever done it & it wasn't to bad. I had laptop & carbs sitting on the table & followed a tutorial I got off of here. I used Dynojet Kit & had no problems. Well, I guess the only prob. I had was I kinked the throttle return cable slightly, so it doesnt snap closed as quick as it should. The biggest pain in the a** is unhooking & reconnecting those cables.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:01 AM

coool thanks reddog, I didn't know how hard it would be to do yourself. I've work on and fixed a lot of stuff in my day but carbs are new haha.

well for now to get the bike running again I'm starting with the plugs but do you guys think I should take the carbs off anyway to get that gas out of the float bowls because I'm pretty sure the seafoam fowled my plugs but idk just let me know what you guys think about that.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by shigga
coool thanks reddog, I didn't know how hard it would be to do yourself. I've work on and fixed a lot of stuff in my day but carbs are new haha.

well for now to get the bike running again I'm starting with the plugs but do you guys think I should take the carbs off anyway to get that gas out of the float bowls because I'm pretty sure the seafoam fowled my plugs but idk just let me know what you guys think about that.

If you are looking to drain the bowels, which is a great idea, you need not take the carbs off. If you will notice under each carb on the bottom end is an adjustment(drain) screw, that by turning it will allow you to drain the petrol from the bowels. Then you will just have to prime up the carbs with fresh petrol, may take some time to crank it to prime them up. Let me put up a diagram from ron ayers which will show you where the idle control **** is located. At this point in time don't mess with the adjustment screws on the carbs, that will mess up the leanness and richness of the whole thing and that is a real mess.

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...S_-_F3_-_95-96

If you see number 9 that is the screw that attaches to the throttle number 7. The tube and **** that comes off of number 9 screw is the idle control **** and this is what my previous statements have been discussing. If for some reason you don't know exactly what I am discussing, step in back of the bike look to the left and somewhere under the petrol tank should be a **** protruding out. That is the idle control. I hope this helps. To answer your question turn the idle control **** to the left until it stops turning. At that point it won't idle unless you pull on the throttle. Once at that point turn the **** to the right approximately one half to one full turn and then crank up the bike and make adjustment accordingly. I like me bikes to idle around 800-1100 rpms.

Last edited by ga_skyline_rydr; 11-19-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:49 AM

Below is a link to carb cleaning posted by dissevered. I used it when I rejetted. Hope this helps, it helped me....

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=carb

Quick Reply: how to take the carbs off any help?