CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

How to take body apart ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to take body apart ?

Im trying to figure out if it's easy to take the body apart because im trying to paint it myself and i want to know what screw's are involved in being removed or what has to be done if anyone know's or has taken there f3 apart let me know what to do...

Old 03-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Default RE: How to take body apart ?

Its easy. I personally don't know the screws are exactly are for the f3 because I own a f2, but you start with the tail fairings. There's one big plastic screw on each side of the tail fairing located next to your rearsets. Once you unscrew those that should be all that you're unscrewing for the tail fairings. The rest are held in place by plastic mounts secured by rubber so just pull on the lower side of the tail fairings to flip upward. After you have the tail fairing apart, you could see the screws that hold the side fairings in place. There's one located right next the plastic screw you unbolted and there should be two under the access panel. There's one on the lower part of the side fairings located close to the ground. Kind of hidden but don't be mistaken. Then for the side fairing that's attached to the upper cowl is a screw located next to the lower half front of the upper cowl. After you have those off, I believe the side fairings should come out. Now what's left is your upper cowl. To remove it there shouldn't be any special screws as it is held in place by the ears of the fairing stay bracket and the headlight mounts from the fairing stay bracket. So just remove your side mirrors by unbolting the allen wrench screw then removing the 10mm bolts that hold the bracket for the mirrors. After thats unbolted you should be able to remove the upper cowl. I THINK. Bare in mind I'm speaking from the top of my head with no reference. Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

-Jasper

Old 03-06-2008, 11:37 PM

Oh yea, as I submitted the post, I remembered that there's also two back lower bolts located next to the kick stand and the opposite side.

-Jasper

Old 03-07-2008, 12:30 AM

Thank's for the info man i got to where both of the side fairing's come out from unscrewing the plastic screw's and it poppin out from both side's but the tank itself if i take that off the gas is not going to be exposed is it ?

Old 03-07-2008, 11:01 AM

It shouldn't leak if you take the gas tank off as it is presurized to have gas come out. If it isn't presurized by the pump, you should be fine. Just have a rag or two on hand because when you pull the fuel line from the tank (connected to the petcock) some gas will come out which is left over gas in the lines. Nothing big.

-Jasper

Old 03-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Banned

I've taken apart quite a few Hondas, and the F3 is absolutely the biggest PITA when it comes to complete tear-down.

I had it down to about a 20 minute complete off-and-on job a couple of years ago, haven't done it for so long I'm dreading it because I'm going to have to to change the plugs, coolant and oil for the girl in a few weeks...

[:@]