CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

How can I know??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I know??

Hello all,

My bike is suppose to be jetted, since I have had no other f3 to compare, is there a way for me to confirm this WITHOUT tearing the bike a part? Can I look, listen or feel something to confirm this?

How does one know? The ***** I got it from is, well, a ***** so I don't believe him as far as I could toss him.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 496 Likes on 449 Posts

There really isn't any way to know for sure. You're going to have to take it apart. I haven't tried, but you might be able to pull the #1 carburetor bowl off without taking the carbs off the bike. If so, then you could look at the jets with a mirror and read the jet size.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
There really isn't any way to know for sure. You're going to have to take it apart. I haven't tried, but you might be able to pull the #1 carburetor bowl off without taking the carbs off the bike. If so, then you could look at the jets with a mirror and read the jet size.

Hmmmm, well not doing that lol? So if me and another f3 are tooling around and mine " if " jetted will not run different, faster, stronger what ever? If his bike is stock and we switch bikes they should feel/ride the same barring any other mods? Interesting if that's the case.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Last edited by ThatsMydawg; 10-21-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:00 PM

what other modifications are done to your bike? if you have an aftermarket muffler and it's not jetted, you might hear popping or backfiring on downshifts.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by justinlansdale
what other modifications are done to your bike? if you have an aftermarket muffler and it's not jetted, you might hear popping or backfiring on downshifts.
I just have a Kerker muffler performance wise. Other small cosmetic things. No backfire or popping any different then my two prior bikes. (Katana and GSXR) sounds about the same as far as I can remember. It's been years ago though.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:42 PM

Unfortunately even having anoth F3 side by side wouldn't be a very good method- You would have to assume that they were both in the EXACT same condition. Dirty carbs, valve adjustments, or even just normal engine wear will all effect running condition of each bike differently.

I would recommend you get a small mirror (walmart sells a dental set for $5 with one) and look at the lower portion of your carb slides (from inside the carb tube). If it has a jet kit the slide lift holes should be drilled out. You will have to remove the seat, tank and airbox top to do this- but even that's only a 10 minute job. Check out this PDF Page 2 "Figure D" you will see what I am talking about.

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/1157.pdf

You also might try PMing SPICEYMEOWMIX as I know he has a dynojet stage 1 kit he installed- to find out the exact size of the drill bit.

If thats too much tearing apart for you then the F3 probably isn't for you and you may want to cosider a different bike. LOL

Old 10-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by espelade
You also might try PMing SPICEYMEOWMIX as I know he has a dynojet stage 1 kit he installed- to find out the exact size of the drill bit.
is that how you spell my name?
pfft.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:21 PM

Ha Ha sorry Spicy.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:04 PM

Why do you care if your bike is jetted or not? If it is running good then leave it how it is.....no worries. If it runs lean then you gotta get in the carbs anyways so it might be a good idea to check out those jets before you actually rejet.

Mike

Old 10-23-2010, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by mikeyfish
Why do you care if your bike is jetted or not? If it is running good then leave it how it is.....no worries. If it runs lean then you gotta get in the carbs anyways so it might be a good idea to check out those jets before you actually rejet.

Mike
Mike the bike runs great, there are no issues with how it runs. I just wanted to know and wondered how could I confirm it without to much hasstle.
I don't care if it is jetted or not BUT if it is I would like to know as I would like to know all mods that were done.

As I mentioned prior the guy I got it from was a jerk so I just don't believe what he said automatically and if it weren't to much trouble to confirm it I would. I think its a good bike reguardless. I have no plans to have it jetted if its not. Knowing this is more for information purposes then anything else. Also I would like to be accurate when I describe the bike when it comes time to sell it. I am an honest guy and don't want to say it has something if it doesn't you know what I mean? FYI I took a few short vids I'm going to add together and post in a few minutes. Only a minute or two long but still a vid.