CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Help with upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with upgrades!

Greetings:

I am filling my Christmas list this year with parts and pieces for my 98 F3. I need some help with basic questions. My bike is completely stock (Yoshi slip-on)with about 10,000 miles on it. Please help in an area you can. Please give any reasons you have for your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

1. Filters: I want to replace both my air and oil filter. I have heard both positives and negatives about a few brands. Fram, stock? Paper vs. high performance?

2. Chain and sprocket kit: I want to down in the front and up in the rear. I have browsed bikebandit, denniskirk, etc and seen a few different sets. Any ideas, part numbers?

3. Jet kit: I have looked at the Dynojet stage 1 kit and it seems like a good deal. Thoughts?

4: Fairings: My tail sections are trashed and need to be replaced. I've looked on bikebandit and the pages let me know which pieces I need but I don't know about colors. I have the all red bike with black Honda logos. Little help here?

Thanks again

Old 11-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Default RE: Help with upgrades!

ORIGINAL: mr_santini

Greetings:

I am filling my Christmas list this year with parts and pieces for my 98 F3. I need some help with basic questions. My bike is completely stock (Yoshi slip-on)with about 10,000 miles on it. Please help in an area you can. Please give any reasons you have for your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

1. Filters: I want to replace both my air and oil filter. I have heard both positives and negatives about a few brands. Fram, stock? Paper vs. high performance?

2. Chain and sprocket kit: I want to down in the front and up in the rear. I have browsed bikebandit, denniskirk, etc and seen a few different sets. Any ideas, part numbers?

3. Jet kit: I have looked at the Dynojet stage 1 kit and it seems like a good deal. Thoughts?

4: Fairings: My tail sections are trashed and need to be replaced. I've looked on bikebandit and the pages let me know which pieces I need but I don't know about colors. I have the all red bike with black Honda logos. Little help here?

Thanks again
I say if your gonna get a filter go with the K and N.good results better performance and cleanable and reuseable so no more buying air filters.As far as the jet kit that is ALWAYS a good investment when doing other mods such as exhaust or filters ect.As far as the fairings.when i bought mine new the nose came All prepped in white Ready for paint and my Side fairing came black.you will need to pre drill your holes (I had to anyway) as far as the sockets and chain set.I know they make diffferent brands I wouldnt know which one is better or not. or a better investment i hope i said alittle bit of info right here thats helps?

Old 11-24-2008, 05:57 PM

when you go for the jet kit, i would suggest just taking it to a shop and letting them take care of it because they will be able to tune the carbs properly, the place near me uses a dyno to make sure its dialed in jsut right.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the info so far.

A follow up about chains/sprockets: I know that I need to go with a 520 chain that is 108 links. I want to change the set-up (from 15/43 to 14/45) and am wondering if anyone has done this and if so what parts/brands they used. Also, what is the difference between an O-ring or X ring chain? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: mr_santini

Thanks for the info so far.

A follow up about chains/sprockets: I know that I need to go with a 520 chain that is 108 links. I want to change the set-up (from 15/43 to 14/45) and am wondering if anyone has done this and if so what parts/brands they used. Also, what is the difference between an O-ring or X ring chain? Any help would be appreciated.
I am running 15/45 with a 520 kit and it really woke the bike up. I think that 14/45 is too much. Your cruising RPM will be way up there! BTW going down 1 in the front is the same as going up 3 in the rear.