CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F3 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/)
-   -   Help With timeing Sensor. Thanks (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/help-timeing-sensor-thanks-67504/)

SilverF3 04-29-2008 04:54 PM

Help With timeing Sensor. Thanks

I need the sensor that gos on the bottom of the block right side with the timing cover any one got any or and help ideas on what i can do, the sensor is broke so the coils wont work i just tested the coil pack and there both good. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK! Thanks

SilverF3 04-29-2008 05:30 PM

RE: Help With timeing Sensor. Thanks

How would i tell if thats the problem also and all my fuses are good and I was also thinking the big black box could that be bad and if so the bike wouldnt run right plz Help me.

nrecore0223 04-30-2008 06:22 AM

Its an ignition pusle generator. That was my problem with my bike. I tested the resistence of the wires at the pulse generator connector and at the main harness. Both tests showed that it was below the required spec of resistence. So i went to a dealer and bought one. Soon as i put it in she fired right up. Just in case you wanna know my bike was fireing and getting fuel. The problem was that the ignition pulse generator was telling the plugs to fire at the wrong time. So it just wouldnt run. Cost like 55 bucks to buy the part at the dealer.

SilverF3 04-30-2008 08:05 AM

Man so it was fireing then ok mine is not, Dam i have a feeling that its my black box not working not givin a job to all the senors then, thanks for the help and i will look into it more now. Thanks nrecore0223

Scrufdog 04-30-2008 10:26 PM

i have a pulse generator sitting around, only problem with it is that the plug was cut off, so you'd have to solder the old sensors plug to it.

I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping.

zerochickenstrips 04-30-2008 11:30 PM

If your sensor is broken, then it won't be picking up the signal to fire the spark plugs. Start with replacing it with a good one before you get all antsy in the pantsy to replace expensive parts.

nrecore0223 05-01-2008 09:30 AM

The sensor does not always "break". Mine was working and all the plugs were firing. But it still would not start. In the manual it says to test the resistence and if its below a certain amount to replace the sensor. I think the minimum resistence is like 460 ohms. Mine was at 452. Not much lower than spec. But i replaced it anyways and as soon as the new pulse generator was in, she fired right up. So this kind of proves that sensors dont always just quit on you. Sometimes, they are not fully to the spec and still work somewhat. I did no other work but replace that pulse generator. But yes i did have spark. If you do not have spark, it could be the coils.