CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Help me modify my Smokin' Joes

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me modify my Smokin' Joes

I've got a stock Smokin' Joes and I want to do a few things to it but I'm having a real hard time finding these parts online.

1) Fender eliminator. I want to keep my signals separate and bright enough for people behind me to see me.
2) Brake light modulator for rear light bulbs not LEDs.
3) Possible undertail kit to clean it up
4) Trunk kit to quick release the seat to gain access to stuff underneath.
5) Flush Turn Signals in the front. Both of my stockies are drooping and I can't get them straight again.
6) Possible HID headlights.
7) New windscreen - double bubble or puig. Something to direct air over me. I'd like it to be tinted too.

Thanks for your help.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Cbr,

Here are the flushmounts i just got...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

You will need to do the 2-3 wire mod posted here on the site to get them working correctly so you have them on as running lights and blink when necessary. You will need to glue/epoxy a piece of plastic to the backside of your fairing to cover the stock hole, then drill a small hole to mount these but when they are installed they look awesome, they fit the hole shape well, are very bright and stick out just enough to be seen. The only others i saw that required no modding like that were big and bulky which kind of defeats the purpose to me.

If you want to keep the rear signals separate, no itegrated tail light, but want to clean up the back a bit, you could use those or there are a lot of types that have double sided tape to stick on.

Good Luck,

Blake