CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Help me fix an ugly F3!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009 | 05:13 PM

are you going to get some graphics or just leave it solid one color? but yeah im with you on the bad color choices back in the 90's. haha seemed like a good idea at the time i guess. no man should be forced to ride a purple bike though...hahah....paint that bitch

Old 07-22-2009 | 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by willduce
are you going to get some graphics or just leave it solid one color? but yeah im with you on the bad color choices back in the 90's. haha seemed like a good idea at the time i guess. no man should be forced to ride a purple bike though...hahah....paint that bitch
Not everyone can pull off this:

Old 07-22-2009 | 11:35 PM

I wish mine looked that good! I have the same bike, but with 21k on the clock, I got it for 600 bucks as the guy who owned it previously hadn't been to nice to it. Suffice to say, every piece of plastic is cracked, right now it has the upper fairing, and the seat section on only. Wouldn't mind it looking nicer, but in the end, once I'm moving, who cares?

Old 07-23-2009 | 12:43 AM

ok purple is kinda weird but I still like it. However, if it really bugs you have you thought of painting over the purple and keeping the yellow? Yellow/Blue? Yellow/Black?

Nah thats gay nvm (looked at the bike again).

Can't go wrong with solid black. Try to get a high high gloss to the paint or it wont be worth any color.

Old 07-23-2009 | 08:54 AM
|

I was thinking yellow\black for a bit, but then it would REALLY look like a hornet, especially with that wide, flat face.

I guess the votes are in, and I'm leaving it as-is. :/

I was looking at the '09 RRs. . .looks like Honda STILL makes bad color choices. Are those things ugly as ****, or what? What's up with that green one?

::shudders:: Looks like someone drove it at low-speed through a huge puddle of vomit.

And the sky blue rims on the other? Makes me like purple a WHOLE LOT.

Last edited by johnnyx; 07-23-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-23-2009 | 09:43 AM

Dude... nooooo

Don't do it.
I got the same scheme as you, and ya... I get made fun of too, but wtf do I care. How many bikes like this do you see out there these days anyway. I guess I'm just a fan of the retro colors.

But damn, yours is in amazing cosmetic condition. I only wish my fairings were in that condition. I def got some more rash going on than you do from PO's.... but hey with a little plastic welding, they'd be perfect for a new paint job.

Want to trade?

Old 07-23-2009 | 10:09 AM
|

Originally Posted by jconly
Want to trade?
I've got a spare left side I'm getting rid of if you want it (see above).

I could REALLY use a left-side access panel faring and stator cover that are in good condition. Mine are WRECKED.

Hey look! I'm still on topic!

Last edited by johnnyx; 07-23-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-23-2009 | 10:59 AM

I painted my 98 f3 viper blue met on the tank and fairings and the tail I painted a charcoal met with chrome cbr decals that tied it all together real nice. It came out great. I parked it on my front lawn to wash it and 15 minutes after I was done washing it a guy stopped in and offered me $4200 for it. I didn't even have time to take pictures of it..lol

Old 07-23-2009 | 11:06 AM
|

So I'm thinking at least take that decal off the face, and change the front fender to yellow. Objections?

Old 07-23-2009 | 12:42 PM
daf

I have the same color scheme ... Yeah people love to bash on it when it's parked "Check out that purple bike over there!!" etc but as soon as they see it in action it's a different story

This season I pulled all the decals off and have started sanding it down. Currently all my plastics are sanded, primed and off the bike minus the tank and the front cowl which are the only two pieces still on ( still ride it when it's not raining ). In the end it wasn't because people made fun of me, I kinda liked that. I was really into the 90's retro looking design of the bike and got lots of comments on it once people made it past the initial purple factor. I am painting it because it will freshen up the bike some and it keeps me interested. I owe her some love, the fairings were rashed and cracked, but after some fiberglass repairs and some love they are mint.

It kinda hurt me to destroy the OE paint but it will look great with a new color, best of luck and keep us updated! PS I chose to go gunmetal grey with black accents. . . I am gonna hold off on the decals until I get some time to soak in the new colors

Quick Reply: Help me fix an ugly F3!