CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Help me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by broadie
No worries

How about strap out the relay undo the float bowl drain's then turn on the ignition. this will flush the carbs OK its not the same as cleaning them out but it could save time.
I'm an idiot when it comes to this. Can I get some directions? lol

Old 04-05-2010, 10:19 AM

No worries

How about strap out the relay undo the float bowl drain's then turn on the ignition. this will flush the carbs OK its not the same as cleaning them out but it could save time.
yeah that can be used as a quick flush but it wont clean the primary or secondary just the bowl and drain. if the jets already have trash in them flushing it wont help. maybe flushing it and then running wide open would suck it through but i would just pull the carbs.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:19 AM

The relay has 3 wires
Black/White ,Black/Blue ,Blue/Yellow
Remove the relay push in a piece of wire to connect the Black/White & Black/Blue make sure its a good connection or it may fall out whilst riding!
Pump will become live with ignition on.
Try this first.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fue cut off relay is behind the right tail cowl just past the r/r. It'll be a tiny square box with a 3 prong connector on it.

Basically to jump it, remove the connector from the relay. Take a piece of wire and push it into the harness side connector on the pins mentioned.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:25 AM

The relay has 3 wires
Black/White ,Black/Blue ,Blue/Yellow
Remove the relay push in a piece of wire to connect the Black/White & Black/Blue make sure its a good connection or it may fall out whilst riding!
Pump will become live with ignition on.
Try this first.
he's right, but if you aren't sure about electronics i wouldn't start jumping relays. clean the carbs first. then let us know how its acting and we'll go from there. also if it does shut down on you again, open the fuel cap slowly and listen for a hissing sucking sound.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:26 AM

Man, I'd try everything else before pulling those carbs. Given that you found a defect that caused the problem before, I'd assume the carbs are functional. DId the new pump come with a relay, or did you reuse the old one? Those relays are known to get flaky on the F3s. Bypass the fuel pump completely; you don't need it at low speeds. See how far you get.

Fill your tank up, and let it drain into a clean, clear container. Does it have floaties? Given that your fuel filter was THAT clogged, you may have crud in your lines. inspect for that. If that's the case, and the filter clogged, there's a chance a little debris made its way into your carbs, in which case you'd want to clean them.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:29 AM

well there ya go. you got some f3 guys on it now. good luck with it.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, the relay is actually the easiest place to start. Compared to a first time carb pull, its like opening your eyes vs DIY Lasik

Old 04-05-2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by james_hale2
well there ya go. you got some f3 guys on it now. good luck with it.
Haha
Ping their goes another rib!