CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Helmet Lock

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:45 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helmet Lock

ORIGINAL: uffitz56

Thanks Kidcr3nshaw....could any decent locksmith make me a new key?
Should be able to no problem. Prolly cost you $50-$60. Like I said, though, for that price, you may be able to find a set of ignition and pegs on ebay. Hold out for a week... then go for a locksmith! I have no patience either, haha.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:09 AM

thanks again man ...i'll try that!

Old 03-19-2007, 03:17 AM

Do you guys actually use the helmet locks? Looks like a really good way to scratch the crap out of your helmet. Also my 95 has a lock just like that.

If your passenger pegs look like that its F3 parts. If they are thinner black and tubular they are f2. The f2 ones look like crap. The f3's look much much much better.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:23 AM

I have a 95 and they are the black ones...it must have been a mid year change but yes the silver ones look much better. The only reason I use my lock is cause i hate carrying my helmet around when I go to class.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:24 AM

ORIGINAL: uffitz56

ummmm yes there is a helmet lock on my 95....unless they put a fake lock on there for looks
Well mine doesn't have one....hmmm, now that I look at it, it might have broken off or have been grinded off

Old 03-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Banned

That lock is useless to me.

I look at it this way...

If you leave your helmet on your bike for any period of time, you get what you got coming to you. Think about it.

I've heard horror stories of people coming back to their bike with helmets full of mustard. Now consider you're wanting to leave it at a college campus - fagedaboudit.

Carry that helmet with pride or get a helmet bag- it holds you helmet safely from scratches and hangs on your shoulder. Most new helmets come with one.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:02 PM

i just lock my helment to my bike, i have been doing it since the 8th grade when i got my motorcycle license and nothing has happened to any of helments (knock on wood) im a little worried something might happen but i dont think anything will happen, i would put it in my locker but it dosent fit and i cant carry it to class becuase its agaisnt the rules

Old 03-19-2007, 02:27 PM

Hey "Kid".. I didn't do any of that to it.. i have no idea what the bike has been through... i bought it cheap, knowing that it was a collaboration of parts, but that it ran and it was fast for an older bike... the shop i take my bike said the f2's had a helmet lock on the left passenger peg, so i was to assume it was supposed to have one ifthey wereindeed F2 pegs.I just wanted a simple answer for a simple question..turns outit was backward,.... SO SORRY. If you would have kept your mouth shut, i would have found out from other people that they are off a 95 or olderand that the 95 pegs are black and have no helmet lock...( thanks kwong/AR15). I'm pretty sure now that they're offa 91. I bought this lastAugust and i didn't really feel like tearing it apart just to see what came off what... I like riding it and until i buy a newer CBR, as long as it runs... i don't care.... and as for the Octane rating... yes.. just like my camaro... I have to ignition advanced to 14 degrees, so there fore i run a higher octane to prevent predetonation.. or "Pinging".. i don't know what the "Powerpak" ECM does, i've tried to research it online, but can't find any information.... all I know is that it runs like crap when i use 87... i use 93 and it runs perfect...i'm not going to disassemble my bike because you think the whole thing is "shananigans"...
you know what.. on second thoughyour right... i'm just kidding everyone.. HA JOKES ON YOU!!. i fooled you all ......MWA HA HA HA.. ..[sm=lildevil.gif] [sm=laughat.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11045/EB4BD97C727243F78B25241D6605E096.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-22-2007, 03:10 PM

i just found a left passenger peg on ebay after looking for a good deal for like 6 months.

most ppl wanted like 50 for both rear pegs and the key, at least. i found just the left one with a key for 12 + 8 shipping

Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Ar15 guy

Do you guys actually use the helmet locks? Looks like a really good way to scratch the crap out of your helmet. .

If you lock your helmet while the bike is parked, it doesn't scratch it up. I use mine all the time. You just ride with th helmet locked in.

Tylor

Quick Reply: Helmet Lock