CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

GPS does not lie

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pepperman you won't need a mount for phone. On the app it tells you the current and the top speed of your trip. So you can put it in your pockets haul *** down the road then take it back out when you stop. Your top speed will stay on the screen for along time. The app is called GPS Speedo. As for the gearing on cr I have to check it out. I just got it and have really looked.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:28 AM

And f3ant you might be right. I'm really not sure. Carbs are the only thing on my f3 i can't do myself. I can literally do everything else on one. I've fixed the transmissions in my brothers.2nd gear was slipping. I replaced rings. I've done front shock seals bearings in tires everything I can think of I can do on my f3 but the carbs.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:22 AM

The app i downloaded doesnt store max speeds. It's one of the windows 7 apps for a HTC Mozart. I think I've seen the one you are talking about on the apps store. I might download that one.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:36 AM
csp

Originally Posted by billetproof97
You should get a bmw bike
s1000rr? :drool

Old 04-16-2011, 07:01 AM
Default ?

carbs cooled by the cooling? you mean warmed by the cooling to stop carb icing in winter surely? K&N been discussed before minus 2 hp on a std setup straight swap and no major gains when jetted. But maintenance is much easier, and lasts a lifetime

Old 04-16-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by apophis
carbs cooled by the cooling? you mean warmed by the cooling to stop carb icing in winter surely? K&N been discussed before minus 2 hp on a std setup straight swap and no major gains when jetted. But maintenance is much easier, and lasts a lifetime
I'd have to agree with that. Probably more of an anti-ice than for cooling.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Default ??

Also why would you fit the largest jets? surely you would fit the right size to get the right fuel air ratio to suit whatever mods you have, best set up on a rolling road, you could drill them out as large as possible and run with no air filter and still never get enough air into the engine to achieve the correct ratio. If you cant get enough air in with that set up you have why not reduce your jet size, engine will run
correctly and make more bhp

Old 04-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by f3cbrAnt
..as for removing your coolant hose to carbs 2 and 3.these are connected to the cooling system as they do not get as much air flow to them as the two outer carbs.
if the block were to get hot im guessing there would be a transfer of heat to the carburetors with the possibility of affecting the mixture/vapour through the venturi

feel free to put me right,im no mechanic but thats my logical conclusion as to why Honda have the carbs cooled by cooling system.

safe happy riding,

Ant.
The coolant hoses are actually for heating the carburetors. As apophis mentioned, it's to prevent icing. The coolant flows through a pair of double T's flowing from one carburetor to another. The coolant doesn't actually go inside the body of the carburetors, but its heat is conducted into the body of the carburetor just by being in contact with it. If you take the carburetors apart from each other, you can see how it works.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
The coolant hoses are actually for heating the carburetors. As apophis mentioned, it's to prevent icing. The coolant flows through a pair of double T's flowing from one carburetor to another. The coolant doesn't actually go inside the body of the carburetors, but its heat is conducted into the body of the carburetor just by being in contact with it. If you take the carburetors apart from each other, you can see how it works.

cheers mate for putting me right

safe,happy riding