CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

General F3 Q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General F3 Q's

So I was wondering a couple of different things. How many miles should i expect my bike to last? It has something like 36k and I dont know if I should be looking for things to go wrong soon cause I rather not be riding it when something does go bad. Also what are some usual problems with F3's? And has anyone cleaned a carb before? And if anyone else has any info on my bike that might be helpful that would be sick. Thanks

Old 08-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: General F3 Q's

As far as I know, the CBR's have problem with CCT's and regulator/rectifier.

I'd have it inspected by a shop and have a service done to it.

If you take care of that bike it will last you forever, until you kill it.

Keep up on your maintenance on everything, not just the motor!

That includes:

Brakes, suspension and linkages, clutch, drive train (chain/sprockets), your tires, all the bearings and points that need to be greased, all your fluids, keep everything clean and store it properly, valve gapping/lash, filters, lights/electrical, cables(clutch, brake, speedo, throttle).

If I missed anything, add it to the list! There's no such thing as over-servicingyour bike, love it and it will last!

Old 08-27-2007, 03:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Milage V's reliability depends on maintenance, CBR's are pretty robust. Known issues are Regulator problems, Cam Chain & possible issues with worn front wheel bearings . All are relatively easy fixes & not all CBR's will get all the probs. If the bike is running well, then don't worry about the carbs. 36000 clicks ain't that much of a worry, but I've seen bikes with half those miles that have been treated like crap by their owners & the bikes run like it.
Just keep the thing serviced & you should have many miles of trouble free riding.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:15 PM

Yo Hersey Yeah about one of the things you mentioned... front shocks. Well My friend sat on my bike and was looking areound and noticed my front right shock was leaking... of course this means its screwed so any ideas on getting a new one? any online shops that sell parts?

Old 08-27-2007, 07:47 PM

It's not screwed just needs a new fork seal. If you have any mechanical skill it is an easy fix. and cheap too, under $50 if you do it yourself. About 2 hours of work.Do both forks!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 09:43 PM

+1 on what's been said here.

My F2 has 55k on it and runs like a dog shot in the a$$ when wide open.It's been ridden hard,but is well taken care of.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:01 PM

yea, fork seals, regulator/rectifier, cct. needless to say, mine is all fixed now.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:44 AM

Just fork seals CBen, replace the dust seals as well.

Post up some 360pictures of your ride and I'll see if I can point anything out of concern.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:59 PM

Most all early Honda's have the CCT problem for each model, although a small group of the CCT's from the manufacturer have taken longer to fail, if at all.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:04 AM

Okay got a few q's, so the cam tenioner fails or what not. SO could that be the clicking I hear when the engine is cold? And also with the seals should I be worried about the fluid that has already leaked? Are there any threads that talk about messing with the shocks? P.S. you all are **cking life savers and I will have pics up next week cause im getting my rims done. But till then my bike is flat black, black wind screen and soon black rims, tail lights and turn signals... MURDERED THE HELL OUT!!!!!!

Quick Reply: General F3 Q's