CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Fuel leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel leak

Hello all,
I have an odd problem I was wondering if anyone else has had. I have fuel leaking from the Direct Air Intake System. Fuel seems to be flowing into the Air Vent Solenoid Valve then down into one of the small Air Filters and draining out the small tube which is on the bottom of the Filter. Once the fuel is cleared the bike runs ok but that only lasts for 1-2 min before it starts to happen again. The air system is the Outer Vent system which are the tubes that run from up under the dash.

I thought it may have been a blockage in the air intake system but all that is clear. - even the filter was totally gone and will have to be replaced. I am left with 2 thoughts that it could be -
1) the Air Vent Solenoid Valve is malfuctioning and is allowing fuel to flow into the system or
2) The Carbies are out of tune or have another problem that is causeing this to happen.

If anyone else has any ideas I would love to hear about them.

Thanks
B.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuel leak

Sorry, mate, don't think everyones ignoring you. I have not heard of this sort of thing happening on a CBR before. I've heard about similiar things happening with other bikes, but usually twins & not as up spec as the CBR's, & on those it usually went down to a faulty throttle valve, jet not seated correctly or gummed up petrol float. The carbs would have to totally RS for it to be causing that much of an overflow. When it does run, is it firing on all cylinders? I ask that cause you can get a blow back affect happening (sometimes) with unburnt fuel, (if you have ever owned a VW, you'd know wot I was talking about)I've gone through the manual & can see where your coming from with regards to the Solenoid valve. Prior to this happening, had you done anytype of mods or changed the air filter or whatever.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:51 AM

Pacemaker, thanks for the response. I think it only us Aussies that are up and about that is causeing the lack of responses or it is just a really odd problem that no one has had before.

The Bike was running fine Friday arve when I came from work, only thing happend was when I first stopped at my home the bike stalled, so I started it and reved it and it seemed fine. I put it to bed for the night then in the morning when I started it it would not idle but it did rev ok and all cylinders where firing. that was when I noticed the fuelleaking from the bottom of the bike. (That suckedwas going for a nice 400KM ride.)

I have only owned the bike for 7 months and as far as I can tell she is stock except for a Yoshi Pipe.

the only thing else that I did was fill the fuel friday night - but nothing out of the ordinary happend then.

I am at a total loss. Will go and see a dealer in the morning and see if they can shed some light on the problem.

Thanks
B.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:34 AM

Just thought I would tell you all that I have the fuel problem sorted. It was a a float seat in one of the carbies. There must have been a little bit of grit in the fuel which got throught the fuel filter and lodge in the needle or the seat. It was keeping fuel flowing into the cabie and then out the air intake.
So little lesson there- change the fuel filter regulary !!
B.