CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Which flushmounts to use?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which flushmounts to use?

I want to buy a set of flushmount front signal lights for my 98CBR600. Which brand do you guys reccomend or should I buy any pair off Ebay that I like?

Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Default RE: Which flushmounts to use?

Hey, good question.

I was looking for some flush mounts too butI wasn't having much luck finding three wire turn signals. The stock signals allow running lights but none of the good looking aftermarket signals seem to offer that feature. Anyone out there found anything good? Also, if you've got them, please provide links and pics.

Tx.
-Chris

Old 11-10-2007, 10:54 AM

are you looking for fronts or rears? Either way do you want some that just "look" good or actually can be seen and look good? The reason I ask is I originally got some for my rear that were really nice looking BUT you couldn't see them on in the day time. They worked good at night but not daytime, so I removed them. As for the front running three wire or two wire, there is an adapter that you can use to make a two wire operate like a three wire. I actually made an adapter for my fronts ( custom made LED flushmounts) and now they burn continously for markers and when the turn signal is activated they blink.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...urnsignals.flv

Old 11-11-2007, 01:03 AM

I had a tough time finding some. I ended up with thesehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW it turns out that they don't fit F3's ( they are smallerthan the holes in the fairings)and now they won't return any of my emails. If you don't want L.E.D.'s thenthere are some out there that fit. Unfortunately I can't find them online now, but I'm sure they are still out there.They're not 3- wire though. Good Luck.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:35 AM

I just want the fronts. I really dont care if they are LEDs or not.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:42 PM

Check this site out. http://www.exoticsportbike.com/flush...urn_signal.htm

I had the "Flat Ovals" on my bike and they looked good. I think they are only 2 wire. Hope this helps.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey krusher f3,I'm interested in the adapter for converting 2 wire to 3 wires.Where did you get it?Any pics?

Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 PM

Watsen Design Makes some, with the adapter. If you want the adapter only, you need to call them, and ask them about it. (they don't advertise the adapter by itself, but some of us have gotten them to sell it to us ) Their Flushmounts are amongst the best out there though. I just wanted the adapter for some short stalk LEDs (Rizoma Zero) but if you're in the market for flushmounts you want to check their's out.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 PM

ORIGINAL: letsride

Hey krusher f3,I'm interested in the adapter for converting 2 wire to 3 wires.Where did you get it?Any pics?
The one I got I made. You need two diodes per sides for a total of four. I made my front LED marker/turn signals and they work just like a dual (3 wire) light. It's easy to make the adapter. I'll do a write up and put it in the "how to" section that way any body else can see it too. but here's thedrawing of the oneI made on my bike.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20693/930ED82E36C0495F86DE79EF783184E3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-13-2007, 11:47 PM

I also ordered mine off ebay. and they were 2 wire. I just connected 2 wires out of 3 needed.
The onyl thing different is the running light is off so just the blinkers work. which is fine with me

Quick Reply: Which flushmounts to use?