CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

First time took her out and she was doing so well too :/

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 01:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time took her out and she was doing so well too :/

i drove her down to georgetown in DC whish is prob 30 mins from my house.
got there fine, ate chipotle then hookah with the gf then on my way back home..
the guy i was following kinda got lost and took a little more than 30 mins to get back on track..
from a red light i started off, it went.. then as i put more gas the bike started bogging down..
it just did the same thing for about an hour..
i couldnt put too much gas or it would die,
so i tried to bypass the fuel pump for some reason.. still the same thing,
i put the fuel pump back on.. turned her on put the choke and it would rev!
i put it on first gear and rode it with the choke for a bit then i realized it was going again...
turned the choke off and sped my way back home..
running kinda sluggish tho.. like the rpm wouldnt go up sometimes when i pull the gas.. any ideas?
taking it to the shop on monday but if any of you guys know anything about it i rather save money thanks!

Old 07-31-2010, 01:26 AM

If its NOT your fuel pump, Then check to make sure theres no gunk in your carbs. Definitely sounds like a fuel delivery problem.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by nitrodude
If its NOT your fuel pump, Then check to make sure theres no gunk in your carbs. Definitely sounds like a fuel delivery problem.
i cleaned the carbs like 3 weeks ago.. the float bowls were full of gunk.. cleaned them out sprayed cleaner through the jets.. and right now the tank is mixed in with seafoam.. could it be the white plastic thing in the tube before the fuel pump? cuz i turned the bike on.. and pulld out the fuel pump and it was vibrating.. but when i plug the hose back in.. i didnt feel it anymore.. idk if that has anything to do with it

Old 07-31-2010, 02:16 AM

Not sure what the part is you're talking about, but unhook the fuel like from your carbs and bypass the pump and if it pushes fuel through it should be okay.

When you cleaned the carbs you might have missed some small gunk, and when that small gunk gets hit by the seafoam it gets lose and then can clog your jets. Also if there is anything in your tank, and youre not running a filter it can get into your carbs and clog your jets also.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:21 AM

Not sure what the part is you're talking about, but unhook the fuel like from your carbs and bypass the pump and if it pushes fuel through it should be okay.

When you cleaned the carbs you might have missed some small gunk, and when that small gunk gets hit by the seafoam it gets lose and then can clog your jets. Also if there is anything in your tank, and youre not running a filter it can get into your carbs and clog your jets also.
ahh im so lazy to pull the carbs out :/ but if it wasnt running then it started running again but sluggishly, that means it could have been clogged but kinda got unclogged? haha thats what im hoping for

Old 07-31-2010, 02:32 AM

Its possible. But to be honest, it sounded like the fuel pump when i first read it until you said you tested it.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:40 AM

Its possible. But to be honest, it sounded like the fuel pump when i first read it until you said you tested it.
could be the fuel pump just cuz of the fact that i didnt feel the vibration when i pluged the hose back in.. when i take it off it vibrates

Old 07-31-2010, 09:57 AM

I think the tube thing he's talking about is the fuel filter between the pump and the gas tank. the same problem you're having, I was having also and for some reason it just kinda went away. someone suggested me blow air through the breather tube underneath the tank, I don't know how it helped, but I havent bogged down since.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 PM

when you cleaned your carbs, did you stick a needle or a guitar string....something super small through the jets, and the part of the carbs the jets screw onto?

Old 07-31-2010, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Will.Bass
when you cleaned your carbs, did you stick a needle or a guitar string....something super small through the jets, and the part of the carbs the jets screw onto?

Noo I gues I didn't really know what I was doing but ill try blowing air into the breather tube.. which one is it? The smaller one or the bigger tube? If doesn't work then ill just clean carbs some more.

Quick Reply: First time took her out and she was doing so well too :/