CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

First bike = F3 yay or nay?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First bike = F3 yay or nay?

i was just about to post about that idodirt..lol

Congrats on the bike! What color scheme is it? I cant wait to see pics, i love f3 pictures Take er easy on the throttle and stay safe bro! Got any gear yet? Full leathers definatly! They look awesome, and i love posting this pic..lol

Old 08-19-2008, 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

i was just about to post about that idodirt..lol

Congrats on the bike! What color scheme is it? I cant wait to see pics, i love f3 pictures Take er easy on the throttle and stay safe bro! Got any gear yet? Full leathers definatly! They look awesome, and i love posting this pic..lol

We have twins

Old 08-19-2008, 01:25 PM

A 97 f3 was my first...I handled it just fine, in fact I loved it...I will never get rid of it...I now own a 2005 RC51...on step at a time....enjoy.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: DarkNinja75

I'll be the crazy guy who disagrees and says the F3 isn't a good bike to start on. Maybe it's because I bought mine geared down one in the front and up two in the rear. It's my second bike, having started on a Ninja 500. The 500 was fast enough and I only sold it because I wanted something more aggressive. The F3 fit that perfectly, and the thing was like a rocket compared to the 500. My F3 pulls power wheelies in first, and I hitting the back roads aggressively last week I found it can do a power wheelie in second as well.

But I'm outnumbered in this forum, so I know my advice will be ignored.
I'm curious why you don't think it's a good bike to start on? Because of gearing and why?

I just bought my first bike and it's a 96 with 10000 miles. Has an exhaust, ignition, new tires and in pretty good condition, I paid 2600 for it. Bikes runs really good and actually considering gearing it down a little. Would prefer acceleration over Top End!!! I never road a crotch rocket before and I'm having a great time on it so far. Just being a little careful until I'm truly comfortable!!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: stix818

ORIGINAL: DarkNinja75

I'll be the crazy guy who disagrees and says the F3 isn't a good bike to start on. Maybe it's because I bought mine geared down one in the front and up two in the rear. It's my second bike, having started on a Ninja 500. The 500 was fast enough and I only sold it because I wanted something more aggressive. The F3 fit that perfectly, and the thing was like a rocket compared to the 500. My F3 pulls power wheelies in first, and I hitting the back roads aggressively last week I found it can do a power wheelie in second as well.

But I'm outnumbered in this forum, so I know my advice will be ignored.
I'm curious why you don't think it's a good bike to start on? Because of gearing and why?

I just bought my first bike and it's a 96 with 10000 miles. Has an exhaust, ignition, new tires and in pretty good condition, I paid 2600 for it. Bikes runs really good and actually considering gearing it down a little. Would prefer acceleration over Top End!!! I never road a crotch rocket before and I'm having a great time on it so far. Just being a little careful until I'm truly comfortable!!
Same here, not to sound like a total squid/noob but if you shift before 5,000 rpms its like riding a 250 our bikes make little power in such low RPMs. I've just been putting around town getting used to everything.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:38 PM

ive never seen the screen in the side vents...thats sharp lookin

Old 08-19-2008, 04:16 PM

Dream Seller, good to hear and good luck!! My first trip on the freeway was a little nerve racking but I'm used to it!! My hobby gets me nervous every round!! I hear you on short shifting it. I found myself shifting early and seeing it only up at 7 grand and couldn't believe it. It sounded like it was enought but not true!! The first time I went through the gears and ran it up to 13 grand it put a grin on my face!!!

Old 08-20-2008, 12:15 AM

I know that feeling, I was short shifting, then I was like "wait...this redlines at like 14......im only at 6....." but I got scared off around 11, lol (lots of curves and all on the road, not too many straights to do it on) but it DEFFINITELY put a smile on my face, and my gearing is all factory 15/43

Don't gear down until you're VERY confident on your bike, Ive heard it's a whole new ball game.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:41 PM

Really!!! Will do!! Like you said I'm still in the beginning phase and in no hurry!! I called sidewinder just to make sure they have the combo I want. I'm going to wait until they need to be replaced and do it then!!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 PM

yeah, when I get comfortable enough, I'll get 14/45 stock is 15/43, but that's not for a while