CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Finally got my baby! :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wolfizo,
I too am a NOOB when it comes to this sport, and yes it is totally a sport. About two months ago I picked up a Craigslist treasure in the form of a 97 CBR 600 F3 with 28,000mi on it. After about $300.00 in parts gear and some TLC I have an Awesome first Machine. I haven't taken the MSF course as of yet, However I pay close attention to the senior members of this forum. I ride every day even if it's down to the store and back. (Seriously, it's hard to stay off of it......) I am in no way endorsing not going through the course, I am just saying I haven't yet I plan to soon. Anyhow, Lots of awesome tech tips, Riding tips and just general kickazz stuff. So RIDE HARD MY FRIEND
Also it takes awhile to Post pics....

some pics of mine....

Pictures by cbr-racer3 - Photobucket

Old 02-25-2012, 07:46 AM

Congratulations to both of you on your new bikes! I'm not new to motorcycling; but I am new to the f3 (or any 600 for that matter). I'm going to be using the bike for general riding; but really bought it for the track. In April I'll be going to my first track days. Can't wait.

I bought a front and a rear stand for the bike at www.discountramps.com I got the BW-06 together with the BW-12 as a combination package. Price was 89.99 plus 34 for shipping. Pit BUll stands which look really cool and probably are terrific, cost about that much for one stand. I thought it was worth it to save some money. I can't comment on how they work, I can only say where I bought them. After they arrive and I use them for a while, I'll probably have something to say about how they work. Good luck with your bikes. Have fun and be safe. If you get a chance, take the MSF course. Not only is the information invaluable; but it was actually lots of fun. Silly me....everything on a motorcycle is fun! Well, maybe not that crash a few years ago; but that is another story. lol

Old 02-25-2012, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfzio
So I finally got my 1998 CBR 600 F3 I love it already, I've been wanting a bike for a long time, and after going through the MSF course and getting my endorsement, I decided it was time. I've been digging through this forum for a few weeks now, and I like that everyone is knowledgeable and open to help out other riders. So a little about her: she has almost 19,000 miles, one side fairing has an end cracked all the way through, and it's been lowered by a previous owner. I've had some advice to raise the bike, and once I find a stand or someone to help me, I'll get it back to stock height. They also put a Two Brothers exhaust on it, and it sounds nice. I don't know anything about motorcycle parts and components, so I have a lot ahead of me, but I'm looking forward to it. So cheers to all of you, looking forward to learning from you.

(such as uploading pictures from my folders, unless a url is the only way)
f3's are awesome bikes to learn on! stay safe and wear your gear, dont be one of the "cool guys" in a backwards baseball cap and flip flops

Old 02-25-2012, 07:20 PM

sweet dude. Got any pics of her?

Old 02-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Official Junior Possum Member

So I don't know why, but my account was deleted....
I ended up making a new one I just think I need to post a lot more or something to not get deleted.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Official Junior Possum Member

Yesterday I had the oil changed and the chain cleaned/lubricated, and today I ran into a new problem. I was riding maybe about half a mile away from my dorms, and then I noticed the engine dropped to a lower pitch of sound, and the sound of the engine was sort of a rumble, and the rpms continued to lower until the bike died. I pulled into a parking lot and tried to restart, but the bike would go to idle, then die shortly afterward. It would start when I had the choke on, but the rpms would soar to 4000, then just sit at that mark for about 5-6 mins. After 5 mins I would take the choke off and it would idle fine and allow me to ride again. This happened 4 times last night. The previous owner replaced the r/r, and I was reading some more of the forums, and they hinted that this may be the problem. Any insights on what I should do? I'm uploading a video to YouTube, I'll attach the link when it's up.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:29 AM

wtf- that sounds brutal dude. What do you mean by the engine droped to a lower pitch? Is it lower cause rpms droped? or did rpm maintain and the engine literaly changed its sound?

Old 03-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the site wolf. good luck figuring out the issue. im sure with everyones help on here you will.

Quick Reply: Finally got my baby! :)