CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Finally, got lines UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, got lines UPDATE

I have been wanting to get and install SS front lines on my bike since ive owned it. I finally broke down and got some. Spenta few hrs installing them today. I havent got to take it out for a ride ( monsoon here) The feel once I got them all bled out is amazing. Firm, very firm. Once I get out and test em I will post back.
Here is a few shots:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...l/P1150002.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...l/P1150012.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...l/P1150015.jpg

Old 01-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Default RE: Finally, got lines

looks nice man

Old 01-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been toying with the idea for a while, especially on the rear. Let us know wot you think the diffrence is.
Look good to.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:07 AM

Thanks guys.

Oh I also put new pads and new Castrol fluid.

I sure will let you know how they are, im excited to ride and see.You know, I dont want the rear line, Im not much of a rear brake user at all. Extreme stops (i.e. emergency) are about the ONLY time I touch the rear brake. Well at the red light to keep the bike from rolling, LOL.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear a lot of people say that they don't use the rear brake, but most of the time your not aware of it. can't imagine slamming on the front brakes only, (in the wet) but different strokes..
Have you ever ridden a bike (like an old British or Italian) with the gear change & brake on the opposite sides of the Jap bikes?, you soon realise that you don't do much stopping bending the gear change lever trying to stop, no matter how much you tell yourself the brakes on the other side, can't undo years of conditioning.
I want the rear done cause I do use it, but have found the rear to a bit woefull and I have tried different types of pads with limited success, EBC's aren't to bad.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:27 PM

Yeah I know some people that use the rear alot, and I know some who have takn the whole rear brake assembly off. I want it there if I need it.

I have EBC pads front and rear. I like em too!

Old 01-17-2007, 02:59 AM

how much those run yah . i might think of adding those .

Old 01-17-2007, 01:11 PM

The single best improvement is this, along with pads. I bought a set of Goodridge kevlar's for one of my other bikes and will let you all know how those turn out....they are supposed to flex even less.

I see little reason to improve the rear brake. Heck, if the rules would let me, I'd take my rear brake off my track bike....racers that are better than me (and there areplenty of them) use it more for attitude adjustment of the bike entering or mid-corner than to actuall slow down. If the rear wheel is touch enough to be used for braking, you aren't squeezing the front hard enough....this applies in teh rain with rain tires as well.

On the street I use the rear in stop and go traffic, and when I see gravel, and as you said, in the rain....

Thanks,
John

Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM

Got em right here!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWDVW

Old 01-17-2007, 09:30 PM

SS lines are the best improvement you can make on a bike for the money. I put them on my girlfriends 96 smokin joes and on my 1981 cb 750 custom.The comtrol of your braking is 1000 times better with much less effort. I'm putting them on my 03 f4i this spring. Quick hint if installing them yourself put teflon tape on bleeder valve it makes a noticiable difference. I was told that you won't notice a big difference if your lines are less then a year old but they get soft after that.

Quick Reply: Finally, got lines UPDATE