CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

fairings

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008 | 09:11 PM
Default fairings

What is a good website to buy a complete fairing set at for the F3?

thanks!!

Old 09-11-2008 | 09:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: fairings

Are you talking factory original or aftermarket farings ?

Old 09-11-2008 | 09:30 PM

either one! best bang for the buck!

Old 09-11-2008 | 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

There is a wide variance between the quality you get with the factory original and aftermarket. It also depends on what you're trying to do. Only you can determine on which part of the balance you fall.

For quality, fit, finish, all around perfection, then go with factory originals. They come fully painted with all the decals just like it came off the showroom floor. The colors will match perfectly. If you want to get it back to looking like a new bike, then thats the way to go. The down side is that they're extreemly expensive.I've never priced a full set (maybe I will someday), but they're going to be on the better side of $2,000.

Aftermarket one's I don't have any personal experience. I've seen reviews on some of the Chinese ones. For the most part they're made of inexpensive plastic. Some of the holes for attaching to the bike are not there, you have to drill them open yourself. It appears that they made them for the European model because they have a hole in them for the rear grab rail that's on that version of the F3. The paint is not too bad, but it seems that it scratches easily. You have to be careful with the lower pieces and put some insulating tape on the inside or they will melt from the heat off the headers.

There are also race farings. They are usually made from fiberglass and don't exactly match the factory shape. They are made to be painted and come usually plain white or maybe gray. They are very strong and hold up well during crashes (something best to avoid).

If your fairings are not too bad, then you might consider getting them repainted. They can be repaired since they're made of material similar to the bumpers of many cars. Body shops have been fixing them for many years.

What are your goals for your bike ? Is it your first, or do you plan to keep for a long time ?

Old 09-12-2008 | 09:20 AM

ORIGINAL: idodirt

There is a wide variance between the quality you get with the factory original and aftermarket. It also depends on what you're trying to do. Only you can determine on which part of the balance you fall.

For quality, fit, finish, all around perfection, then go with factory originals. They come fully painted with all the decals just like it came off the showroom floor. The colors will match perfectly. If you want to get it back to looking like a new bike, then thats the way to go. The down side is that they're extreemly expensive.I've never priced a full set (maybe I will someday), but they're going to be on the better side of $2,000.

Aftermarket one's I don't have any personal experience. I've seen reviews on some of the Chinese ones. For the most part they're made of inexpensive plastic. Some of the holes for attaching to the bike are not there, you have to drill them open yourself. It appears that they made them for the European model because they have a hole in them for the rear grab rail that's on that version of the F3. The paint is not too bad, but it seems that it scratches easily. You have to be careful with the lower pieces and put some insulating tape on the inside or they will melt from the heat off the headers.

There are also race farings. They are usually made from fiberglass and don't exactly match the factory shape. They are made to be painted and come usually plain white or maybe gray. They are very strong and hold up well during crashes (something best to avoid).

If your fairings are not too bad, then you might consider getting them repainted. They can be repaired since they're made of material similar to the bumpers of many cars. Body shops have been fixing them for many years.

What are your goals for your bike ? Is it your first, or do you plan to keep for a long time ?

well this will be my 2nd bike, upgrade from my 500 ninja that i learned on. I plan on this bike to last as long as i am wanting to ride (fingers crossed). It's a track bike that has a new engine but has track fairings on it. If they keep the fairings i will get an even better deal. And plus making my baby look exactly how i want her to look sounds quite fun!

The only ones i have really found are off of ebay, i really like the seven stars, but i also like the factory schemes...so i'm not sure which way i'm going to go. Any sites for either option would be greatly appreciated!

thanks for you input!