CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Fairing kit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing kit.

Anyone have any experience of these? I don't mind having to manipulate any fitments slightly, but if it turned into a bad fitment nightmare, I'd not bother.

Wholesale Blue - Buy DHL Shipping HOT ABS Glossy Handcrafted Fairing Windshield Fit CBR600 F3 1995 1996 Carene + Free 5 Gift 021, $221.58 | DHgate

Last edited by dec11; 03-18-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:28 PM

Yes I have a lot of exerience with these.

Do not buy them.

I've bought multiple sets from different suppliers, expecting the next to be better quality. All of which came from Hong Kong which is in China. If you want Honda fairings, get them from Japan. Only OEM fairings will fit together well. Which sucks because you can only buy them individually and not as a set. But it's still the only way to go. Because you can make the fairing fit your bike but they will still not fit together properly.

These fairings are made from crappy plastic and the process they go through attaching the thin, short, flat tabs sucks and the will eventually break unless you JB weld them before ever trying to attach them, as I did on my second go around. As mentioned the tabs are thinner and shorter than oem tabs and they are flat without the ablity to GRAB like OEM fairings.

The joints between fairings never line up either especially around the headlight and rear cowl.

You have to do serious moding for the front tire cowl too. even then it sits too close and melts from the heat given of from the tire while driving. Now I dont even ride with a front fender because I dont want to damage it. remember I bought multiple fairing sets think the next would fit. And they will give you a refund but it cost a **** ton to send a giant box to China and you have a short time frame or they wont give a full refund, so returning them became not worth it. had to chalk it up as a loss.

The different colors is not even paint, it is like a sticker that they don't even clear coat over to make it stay attached.

Your better off saving the 300-600 and buying the real thing if you want them bad enough.

That was the advice others gave me. But I thought a whole fairing set is the same cost as 1 fairing and 1500 later I still have sh*** looking fairings

Last edited by jblair626; 03-19-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by jblair626
Yes I have a lot of exerience with these.

Do not buy them.

I've bought multiple sets from different suppliers, expecting the next to be better quality. All of which came from Hong Kong which is in China. If you want Honda fairings, get them from Japan. Only OEM fairings will fit together well. Which sucks because you can only buy them individually and not as a set. But it's still the only way to go. Because you can make the fairing fit your bike but they will still not fit together properly.

These fairings are made from crappy plastic and the process they go through attaching the thin, short, flat tabs sucks and the will eventually break unless you JB weld them before ever trying to attach them, as I did on my second go around. As mentioned the tabs are thinner and shorter than oem tabs and they are flat without the ablity to GRAB like OEM fairings.

The joints between fairings never line up either especially around the headlight and rear cowl.

You have to do serious moding for the front tire cowl too. even then it sits too close and melts from the heat given of from the tire while driving. Now I dont even ride with a front fender because I dont want to damage it. remember I bought multiple fairing sets think the next would fit. And they will give you a refund but it cost a **** ton to send a giant box to China and you have a short time frame or they wont give a full refund, so returning them became not worth it. had to chalk it up as a loss.

The different colors is not even paint, it is like a sticker that they don't even clear coat over to make it stay attached.

Your better off saving the 300-600 and buying the real thing if you want them bad enough.

That was the advice others gave me. But I thought a whole fairing set is the same cost as 1 fairing and 1500 later I still have sh*** looking fairings
Interesting, I've had replies on another forum saying they're great in every way with the only negative being that the paint is a little on the thin side.

May I ask when you bought yours? Maybe quality has improved since? If they're that bad I may go with 2nd option of spraying them black and using mirror/chrome badges. Cheers

Old 03-21-2014, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by dec11
Interesting, I've had replies on another forum saying they're great in every way with the only negative being that the paint is a little on the thin side.

May I ask when you bought yours? Maybe quality has improved since? If they're that bad I may go with 2nd option of spraying them black and using mirror/chrome badges. Cheers
I got my first set in march 2013 and my most current set in january 2014. Trust me the quality is no different. They do not even compare to OEM fairings in anyway

Old 03-21-2014, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by jblair626
I got my first set in march 2013 and my most current set in january 2014. Trust me the quality is no different. They do not even compare to OEM fairings in anyway
Yeah, I saw a vid from a guy who received and installed his set this week. I won't be buying them, I'll go down the wrap route possibly.

Old 03-22-2014, 07:07 AM

I just received a new set from Motorcycle-Fairings.com for my 1998. These are ABS plastic and feel more substantial than OEM.

I'm setting out to install them now. I was very cautious before i pulled the trigger and bought anything that comes from China. I sent an email first, and received an immediate reply from JJ, a guy who was very responsive and easy to talk with. I wanted specific decals installed under the clear coat and before the final coating, he sent pictures of the fairings for my approval to be sure they were where I wanted them and the ones I wanted.

He told me it would take 4-6 weeks because they only run the molds for these older bikes once a month. It was more like 9-10 weeks, and the company accidentally shipped them to another customer—delaying their arrival another week.

The problem I had so far is paint representation. WHat liked like a deep red on the web site (I have a good computer monitor that I use to produce a magazine, so I was confident it was the color I wanted) turned out to be an orange/red - - more orange than red. I gotta live with that now.

Will report on fit in the coming week.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:10 PM

I got mine a few weeks ago and like them, paint is a little thin but seems ok, the clearcoat is over the graphics so those should hang on ok, I t took me a few hours to get them all to fit right with a little bit of modding them but there sent any large gaps or any real issues besides the rediculous tank fairing/cover, don't get one, just paint the tank, but I would buy mine again if I needed too, the $550 was well worth the new look and I still have all my oems sitting around just in case. I also did the 96 to 98 tail conversion while I was at it and it turned out well

Old 03-22-2014, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by testflyer
The problem I had so far is paint representation. WHat liked like a deep red on the web site (I have a good computer monitor that I use to produce a magazine, so I was confident it was the color I wanted) turned out to be an orange/red - - more orange than red. I gotta live with that now.

Will report on fit in the coming week.
Yes please report!

I had a similar issue with paint, the first set I ordered was suppose to be a certain blue, but when I received it, it was a regular blue. And the second set it was just one piece instead of the whole set. The center cowl that goes behind the seat over the taillight was white unlike the rest of the fairings.

Maybe if I find a good match I will just spray paint the small fairing to match the others.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by josiahafelix
I got mine a few weeks ago and like them, paint is a little thin but seems ok, the clearcoat is over the graphics so those should hang on ok, I t took me a few hours to get them all to fit right with a little bit of modding them but there sent any large gaps or any real issues besides the rediculous tank fairing/cover, don't get one, just paint the tank, but I would buy mine again if I needed too, the $550 was well worth the new look and I still have all my oems sitting around just in case. I also did the 96 to 98 tail conversion while I was at it and it turned out well
Was the tail conversion a simple bolt off/bolt on scenario? Looking to do mine also.

I'm def seeing more neg than positive reports on these kits, off wrapping I go!

Last edited by dec11; 03-23-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:18 PM

Update, day 1 of fairing install. Full day of labor just to install the nose (upper fairing, windshield (my double- bubble), drill screw holes for turn signals, reinstall mirrors, and manage the tools/cleanup. To be fair, I'm pretty particular about how stuff looks. So far, not a great fit, especially around the headlamp. There's a 1/8 or more gap between the area above the headlamp where the the two uppers join. I would estimate that 75 percent of my effort was correcting a poor fit, especially opening the holes to get the uppers to fit around the mirror mounting holes. ABS is very easy to drill, thats the upside.

More soon.

Quick Reply: Fairing kit.