CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

factory Assembly markings?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory Assembly markings?

hi guys and girls,

are these factory Assembly markings on my carbs,(green dots,brown lines on carb boby and chambers, and blue marks mainly on the linkages)or a overhaul job?

also the float chamber gasket was sealed to the chamber with some sort of sealant??

safe riding all

Ant.

Attached Thumbnails factory Assembly markings?-002.jpg   factory Assembly markings?-003.jpg  
Old 02-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry i think i found the answere?-

"" Okay, I'm almost done doing this job on my bike. Unfortunately I haven't riden the bike in several years. It went from little use, and then started acting up and received no use. It sat, and sat some more.

So this year I rolled it into the basement to force me to work on it, and I finally did. Last weekend I pulled the bodywork, gas tank, air box, and started disconnecting the mess of hoses. Going methodically and labelling stuff as I went along. Yesterday I finished pulling the hoses (why is there coolant in the carbs? Do people ride in Antartica?), throttle cables, removed the fuel pump/filter, and the carb bank. You will spill gas and coolant when doing this, be prepared. I had cardboard on the ground, but it still stunk like hell for hours. Actually pulling the carbs is a b!tch and I carefully pried them off with a crowbar leveraged off one of the chassis crossbars.

I was looking for the legenedary super solvent, the one in the can with the little dipping cage, but nobody had it. I bought some degreaser at a hardware store that they thought would do the trick. I took off the bowl and pulled the jets on one of the carbs yesterday. I put some degreaser and warm water in a coffee can to soak the float bowl, and the same solution in a small prescription container for the jets. There's been some discussion on the lack of discussion on cleaning the jets in the original post. If you get to this point, you have to clean the jets. There are 3 pieces that need to be cleaned. There are two slotted brass jets that you can remove from the bottom of the carb hosing. Then the there is the upper part of the main jet assembly that needs to be removed from the housing, 8mm hex. You'll see why when you pull it out, all the tiny holes that the fuel gets drawn through. I let this sit overnight and went back at it today. The bowl was pretty clean, even the factory red and greaen markings came off. The jets were still a mess. I took another small prescription container and filled it with areosol carb cleaner and let the jets soak a bit. I then went back to the carb, removed and cleaned the needle and seat, the orifices in the body, and checked, cleaned and reinstalled the diaghram/slide/needle. My needles were a little grungy too. Since these carbs are not straight through (top to bottom) and have an angle to them, you can't see and clean straight through. I cleaned the best I could and I used a bright tactical light to shine in the bottom and look for the reflected light from the top. I used that light to check a lot of stuff up close to look down narrow holes. I repeated this for the rest of the carbs, soaking the bowls in the degreaser and the jets in the carb cleaner. Since the bowls didn't get the same soak time, they needed a little more scrubbing than the first one.

After everything was all clean I started putting stuff back on the bike. I need to pick up a filter and drain the old gas out of the tank and put some fresh gas in and see what she'll do. I'll have to wait till spring to dail in the idle/throttle and go for a ride.

Once this one is done and out of the way, then I'll roll the Harley in the basement and take a crack at that leaky rocker box.""