CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

f3 wont run!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f3 wont run!

ok, i have a 1998 honda cbr f3 that i bought during spring. when i first got it i had a problem with the battery and reg/rec. after fixing that i had to remove the carbs and clean then. after that there were no mechanical problems with the bike. yesterday i was riding around, practicing wheelies here and there. i do clutch wheelies, so i was riding and i poped up a first gear wheelie and after i set it down, i was riding a completly different sounding bike. it sounded very powerful and very loud. it still ran(for the time) and i was able to ride it maybe a block before it stalled out. the bike had next to no power but i was able to disengage the clutch and move. after it stalled i was able to start it again, i gave it a little gas and it wanted to cut out so i stopped gassing i tried disengaging the clutch and it wanted to cut out, but it still would move. the longer after the incident i waited the worse it got. for instance, i was able to ride it at first, then i could of rode it but didnt, now it wont run at all. i was able to start it up using the choke but it would cut out shortly after. now i cant get anything out of it. it just turns and turns and turns. i want to think clutch.. but i rode it right after it happened so that makes me think it isnt the clutch, i also think it could be the fuel filter or maybe spark plugs. maybe even the carbs came off the engine? or the airbox? i havnt looked at it at all due to work and the fact that i have my bike stashed a half hour away at a friends house, PLEASE HELP!!

Old 08-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Senior Member and ROTM March 2014

My guess is that the stunting antics caused something to come undone. I can definitely imagine that the carbs could have come off the intake as a reason why the bike was louder (no intake tract to muffle the intake noise) and running with the choke on was the only way it would run with monster air leak.

Stunting is one of those "pay to play" activities - do it on a bike you can afford to be without during the numerous required repairs (or healing time, as it were).

Last edited by FOGeologist; 08-05-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:52 PM

yes the stunting is my choice, i am aware that it may hurt me or my baby, i work a block away so my motorcycle is just for enjoyment. i took apart the carbs numerous times and each time the gaskets holding the carbs onto the intake got harder and harder, im pretty sure that one or 2 of the gaskets arnt as tight as they need to be, so thats definitly step one on the check list when i go check on my bike. especially since it wont cost me a dime fingers crossed!

Old 08-05-2013, 06:49 PM

Did you make sure to clean out the needle and float area? Stuck float? F3s don't work well past 45° imo

Old 08-05-2013, 07:05 PM

yes the float and needle were cleaned.. i did the carb work over 2 months ago with no problems. i do need to rejet so maybe ill take this as a opportunity to do that.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Senior Member and ROTM March 2014

From what you're reporting, I'll bet you cracked a boot or two!

Old 08-05-2013, 07:35 PM

the black thing on the carbs that gets connected to the intake?

Old 08-05-2013, 09:11 PM

Yes!

Old 08-07-2013, 06:39 PM

anyone else want to throw in there 2 cents?

Old 08-08-2013, 05:54 PM

Take everything off down to were you can see the Carb butterflies .try starting it then.

Quick Reply: f3 wont run!