CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

F3 stunt bike build

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F3 stunt bike build

What's up everyone? This is my first post, but I have been lurking around on here for a few years. I currently have a '96 CBR F3. 61k miles on the clock and still runs strong. I also have a '12 HD sportster 48.

I bought the F3 with 32k miles 3 years ago. It was and is my first bike. Iv been through alot with this bike. Last year I looped a stand up and went down pretty hard. The bike was torn up pretty bad and is in need of a rebuild.

Ill keep this thread updated with pics as the build goes on. I have a large order of parts in the mail, and being in Kansas City and getting killed by snow right now, iv got lots of time to get the bike together.

I really need a front wheel. If anyone on here has one please let me know. Are there any other wheels that I could use? I have heard that the 900rr wheels are the same?

Your not gonna hurt my feelings so please feel free to tell me what you think and if you have any, your tips or suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks everyone

Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome and goodluck. Glad you're ok from your down. Even better that the bike is salvageable.

Can't comment on wheel compatibility, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

We need starter pics.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:35 PM
Registered Users

Thanks, I was in full gear so aside from a couple scrapes I was able to walk away. It's getting late, ill make sure to get some pics up tomorrow.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by CorruptFile

We need starter pics.
yea!

Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Registered Users

Sorry it has taken so long. I have been really busy. Here is a few pictures of the bike. Anyone have any advice on where I can look for a front wheel? It seems that the f3 front wheel is about impossible to find. This week I installed a new clutch kit, but did not even think to take pictures. But here are some that I have taken.

Anyway the night it all started.

How it sits now..

Still have some work to do. Hope to have the cage finished up this weekend.

Make sure not to do heat wrap in an enclosed garage even if it is cold outside.........

Old 03-10-2013, 04:07 PM

Look like your project is well under way. I wish I could help you with a front wheel, but I've got no lines. But, maybe you can help me. I am going to design and build a cage for my F3. Mounting points for the left side of the bike are very straight forward. I was wondering if you could post a pic or 2 of the right side cage and mounting points on your bike? That would be a great starting point for my cage build.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Old 03-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Registered Users

Upper mount

Lower mount

Hope these help ya out Burnt Dragon. I can get more pics if ya need. Sorry for the crappy cell phone quality.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:46 AM

Thanks a million. Thats perfect!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:38 AM

I too am rebuilding an F3 and need a front wheel. Stalk Craigslist and eBay like its your job! They do come up for sale and you can get a new one for 300 something from China. That's a last resort though I think.

Google "how to search all of craigslist" and I'm sure you will find one.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Registered Users

Well If you have seen my other thread, you know I have ran into some issues with the gauge setup that I am using. For now I am going to leave it hooked up and just move on until I can come up with a new setup.

Until then here is some pics of a few things I have gotten done.

Current cluster

Did some wire tucking of the harness

Got the cage finished up

Quick Reply: F3 stunt bike build