CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

f3 modifications

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f3 modifications

I just bought a 98 f3 with the desert storm graphics....ive worked with fabrication and motorcycles for quite some time....i really want to mod my bike to be sleeker and sexier....first im thinkin of and f4 or f4i shock and maybe even swingarm but im not sure whats interchangeable....part of the reason i want to do that is im taller and id like to do an undertail with a single stock exhaust so ill need room...next i want a different upper fairing....i think the ones on these f3's are ghastly....i like the yamaha headlights but i just want an easy mod...also ive heard of a lot of f4 plastics on f3's...is this a menial task??and of course is the guage mount mod but i get that and it is sharp....ne information about these mods would be helpful thanx ride safe

Old 04-09-2010, 08:56 PM

Stay away from sticking a F4 swingarm on a F3 im warning you, i dont know of anyone having done this and im actually starting it tommorow and i WILL be the first person to do it lol

As for modding the front, a F4I fairing will go on easy but you need the F4I front subframe / speedo frame / fairing thingy majig and youll need the side fairings obviously.

F4 Rearshock i did the other day, its a direct swap, it will lift the rear end up a bit as its a wee bit bigger.

With the underseat exhausts on these bikes ... getting the pipe to run from the headers to the cans without hitting the swingarm or the frame was a B*tch took about 2 hours to do the one pipe.

My 1995 F3 that im currently working on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB4KEczUbCA

O i did a underseat exhaust on my F2 today and your right, need more space underthere realy,

so should be putting a F4 shock on my F2 tommorow as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDZAD4zhDOo

Just some ideas for ya mate, just make sure you take lots of pics and post them up.

Also if you take a lil look at pages 1 to 3 of the F3 forum youll find a few guys have been chopping there bikes up as well from R1 tails to full RR body work.

As you said you've worked with fabrication and motorcycles for quite some time, so your probly a hell of a lot better than me as im just some kid in my garden playing with a hack saw but if you need any help still just ask

Old 04-09-2010, 09:30 PM

honestly ur bike is exactly what i want...what an amazing machine....thanks for your advice...and netime i need somethin pertaining to this i will contact you...btw ur bike is beautiful

Old 04-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sf88, your exhaust on your f3, how close does it come to hitting your front right peg?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:46 AM

Its no were near mate my UK size 12 / US 12 1/2 shoes dont even hit it.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:47 AM

O and MR H993 .... the F4 swingarm is almost in, well its in but needs some custom bearings makeing and it clips the inside of the pegs so im gunna have to make brackets to move them out slightly.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:20 AM

mmmhhmmmm well u guys are helpin me out alot and i surely appreciate it

Old 04-10-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER88
O and MR H993 .... the F4 swingarm is almost in, well its in but needs some custom bearings making and it clips the inside of the pegs so im gunna have to make brackets to move them out slightly.
a guy on the f2 side made a simple walkthrough for moving stock pegs which i found very helpful if you are interested.. simple tools to do it.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:42 AM

Its ok mate i got some jack up plates for the pegs somewere from when it was streetfighterd they will do the job perfect.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER88
Its ok mate i got some jack up plates for the pegs somewere from when it was streetfighterd they will do the job perfect.
I'm sure you said this before, but I was lazy and didn't read..
I saw some of the modifications you've been making.. the longer swing arm and lowered forks...
what errm... is this bike going to be for... or is this just a "can I pull it off" kinda thing?

Quick Reply: f3 modifications