CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

F3 at low RPM

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F3 at low RPM

Just curious if my thinking is in line here? At low RPM my bike seems "sluggish" for lack of a better word. When you get on it a little it has no ***. It's not a dog, but just seems low on power until you hit higher RPM. This is my first CBR so maybe everything is cool here and I have nothing to worry about? I was thinking maybe the carbs need adjusting. I was thinking about putting a jet kit in this winter anyway. Can someone tell me if this may be the problem?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 10-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Too Smart For My Own Good
Default RE: F3 at low RPM

this is normal the pistons are almost strait up and down what do you expect.. but i dont mean any disrespect sir... try pulling up a wheelie at 3grand compared to 7-8grand you will see what im talking about.. if you want to keep this bike out of the sluggish zone you just gotta keep the r's @ 5-6g at all times

Old 01-05-2005, 05:20 PM

i have a 95 f3 and allthough i have it jetted to the max over size cam and hrc power comander, not to mention 4 up in the back and 2 down in the front, i have no problem lifting the bike at 3K. but a 600cc will allways feel slugish at low rpms. but it does sound like you need your carbs sinced. allso i had an older raged out track bike that seemed to slugish and i found out that rings were bad, and engine had bad compresion. but if torque is what you want sproket that little 600.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:59 AM

hey least yours runs at lower rpms. Mine just up and dies if you try and lug it. it's a 96 with a pipe and filter and jet kit. It did it too me right after i bought it used so i took it to honda to clean the carb and they put the jet kit in it because it hadn't been added yet. Yeah it still does it. The machanic told me that it's normal for them to do that and to run it up above 6,000 rpm all the time. does that sound right to anybody. It never died since i been doing this but i am getting ready to stick my girlfriend on it to ride and now it kinda worries me.

Old 03-27-2005, 03:55 AM

my 600 run fine at low rpms, normal sluggish tho but thats normal.. also i have full exhaust/jetted

but cruisin around 2-4 grand runs great it shouldnt die at low rpms