CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

F3 to F4i Gauge Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kerosene
I bought easy out yesterday, I built up the sensor a little with JB weld, once it dries up I'll drill in the easy out and see what happens.

What do you mean inline with rad hose
you can use the 900rr temp sensor by splicing the rad hose and making a custom temp mount that screws in if your old spot is broken.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would you be able to provide pics of which hose and where I should place the sensor? Can I just ignore the current temp sensor location?

Old 09-22-2010, 03:48 PM

would you be able to provide pics of which hose and where I should place the sensor? Can I just ignore the current temp sensor location?
correct yes you can ignore it as long as its sealed.
spice a rad hose (either side, the right is easier since its longer and also near the sensor wire) put an inline T, where the top is the screw in for the sensor.

get all of it at lowes for about 10 bucks.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix
correct yes you can ignore it as long as its sealed.
spice a rad hose (either side, the right is easier since its longer and also near the sensor wire) put an inline T, where the top is the screw in for the sensor.

get all of it at lowes for about 10 bucks.

Ok, 1 thing... 1 what's a inline T

Old 09-23-2010, 11:10 AM

Ok, 1 thing... 1 what's a inline T
lol

Old 09-23-2010, 12:45 PM

minor details... I know

Old 09-23-2010, 09:19 PM

Ok so what Spicy meow whas trying to say is make something like this

Simple enough and no dropping engine, which I like even more... I covered up the old thermo unit with JBWeld "just in case" theres no chance of anything happening but I'd rather play it safe-r....

You can buy the inline/coupler almost anywhere, drill a hole smaller than the sensor and screw in the sensor slowly, it'll create a thread then unscrew put some epoxy on the sensor screw back in, clean up area inside the inline/coupler and let dry then just cut rad hose and connect.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:33 AM

hello everyone

I watched with interest this topic and I decided to change my dashboard with one F4i. I bought one and I first test. The first problem is that they Resets clock every time I took contact with Red / Green wire conected directly on the battery. If you know how to solve this problem please help me.
Thanks

Laurentiu

Old 10-16-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by lau.tm
hello everyone

I watched with interest this topic and I decided to change my dashboard with one F4i. I bought one and I first test. The first problem is that they Resets clock every time I took contact with Red / Green wire conected directly on the battery. If you know how to solve this problem please help me.
Thanks

Laurentiu
yea the clock wont hold time without being connected to the battery.
you need to read the f4i manual on how to set it manually, once you hook it up to the battery.

honestly, i dont even look at the clock.
i could care less.

NOTE:
I know you guys are worried about the blinking red light if you dont do the temp sensor swap, so heres a tip: disconnect the current sensor in the bike (located between the frame and right side of the airbox) and it will make the red blinking light disappear. Hope that helps.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by spicymeowmix

NOTE:
I know you guys are worried about the blinking red light if you dont do the temp sensor swap, so heres a tip: disconnect the current sensor in the bike (located between the frame and right side of the airbox) and it will make the red blinking light disappear. Hope that helps.
This is correct, He told me to do the same thing and I was hesitant since you dont know the temp of the engine... but who cares the other temp sensor wills still do its job, fan still works, and bike still gets cooled down when it needs it.

Quick Reply: F3 to F4i Gauge Swap