CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

F3 daily driver upgrade questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F3 daily driver upgrade questions.

hey everybody, i have a 96 CBR600 F3 that is my only source of transportation and i need help on some upgrade ideas.

my current windscreen is a sportech mirrored chrome that i want to replace. the wind blast from this thing is horrid! i have been thinking about a double bubble style that might get my head out of the wind. do they really help? my last attempt at the freeway was a big failure, i couldnt keep from getting blown all over the place!

my stock seat is very uncomfortable, i read that the 97 reshaped the seat (and i like the tail light better on the 97 tail) is it more comfy and do i have to replace more than just the tail end bodywork/seat/light?
a Corbin Gunfighter seat is another option that i really may invest in.

Muffler.. the old Yoshi RS3 is just too dang loud! im not sure if its just burnt out or they are allways loud as all h*ll. it performs great but that thing is going to get me in trouble! it has some crash damage from the prev owner anyway. but whats a good more silent option?

Old 06-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Default RE: F3 daily driver upgrade questions.

stock pipe...or maybe stuff the pipe?
as for the tail. i love my stock 98 seat. its comfy to me for some reason. my *** never hurts when i ride, only my throttle hand. The 97-98 seat/tail/tailight is much sexier and makes the bike look much newer as well

Old 06-03-2008, 01:10 PM

My 97 seat is good also.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:59 PM

unless you are riding full tuck all the time double bubbles dont make that much of a difference but it makes some , i like the stock f3 seat no probs with it for me you can check out a corbin seat but they are pricey ,as said above u can go back to stock exhaust but i like to be heard coming .

Old 06-05-2008, 04:41 PM

As for the 97 tail you have to change the tail, brake lightsAND bracket, plus the trunk box.
I put the 97 tail light and bracket on my 96 truck box and it is off by an inch and make line up the fairing difficult.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:28 PM

If you want to get out of the wind, then get the windscreen I have:
https://cbrforum.com/m_575981/tm.htm

Look at the pictures, and find the guy I bought it from on ebay. It kind of sucks to get it on, but once it is, god its awesome.
Only problem is that it leaves a gap between the screen and the top of the guage cluster. I fixed this by putting adhesive backed foam strips on both the screen and the flap thing ontop of the cluster cover. fills the gap and eliminates vibrating. Pretty awesome after it was all said and done.

EDIT: i think this one is it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

Old 06-05-2008, 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: ta8218

Look at the pictures, and find the guy I bought it from on ebay. It kind of sucks to get it on, but once it is, god its awesome.
Only problem is that it leaves a gap between the screen and the top of the guage cluster. I fixed this by putting adhesive backed foam strips on both the screen and the flap thing ontop of the cluster cover. fills the gap and eliminates vibrating. Pretty awesome after it was all said and done.

The screen you are referring to is the generic Ebay Double Bubble. I have an extra one from when I got my fairings and am willing to GIVE away. After my crash I purchased one just because I needed a screen. Auction ended with a winning bid of $.01 plus $15 shipping and $5 for insurance.

O.P If you want that style screen, PM me and it's yours.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: SHugo

The screen you are referring to is the generic Ebay Double Bubble. I have an extra one from when I got my fairings and am willing to GIVE away. After my crash I purchased one just because I needed a screen. Auction ended with a winning bid of $.01 plus $15 shipping and $5 for insurance.

O.P If you want that style screen, PM me and it's yours.
No, It's not a double bubble. I saw those too, this one is straight all the way from the top to the bottom. I'm sure they both work the same, though.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:43 PM

gghjfhgf

Old 06-06-2008, 06:15 PM

No, It's not a double bubble. I saw those too, this one is straight all the way from the top to the bottom. I'm sure they both work the same, though.
Um...the screen you have on your bike, as well as the link to the screen you posted, is, as I said, a cheap Ebay Double Bubble. Open the ebay link, look at the title...and at the end you see that "DB"? It means Double Bubble. That is why the screen is so rediculiously HUGE

Quick Reply: F3 daily driver upgrade questions.